Fire at Princess Cays in Bahamas

CrazyIrving

Just read news online about a fire at Princess Cays in Bahamas. Apparently the fire started during the night in a Generator  area.  We have a cruise in June.  Don't know what will happen now til then.  Videos on Youtube.

Edited by CrazyIrving

I don't think Princess has had enough time to begin to assess damage. June's a long way off but it may be a couple of months till they know for sure. Generator seems to have started fire it's been reported and other buildings related to water treatment, power etc were destroyed/damaged so I imagine it will be a while.  I would keep watching the Cruise Critic news and Princess website for the latest updates.  Fortunately this occurred at night when no passengers and crew were there but unfortunately it took over 30 minutes for help..

Thanks for the info,  Been looking at all available news regarding the fire at Princess Cay.  I've now started looking into Half Moon cay, if the June 2019 Carnival Liberty itinerary changes.  We just like to have a Beach day where we can enjoy an area and see the Turquoise water. :)  

Every since I booked my first cruise, I've spent most of my off time Reading Cruise Critic, and other forums, looking at Youtube.

Thanks Everyone, I mean all the questioners and the one's who answered.  All the Question I'd have, has been asked and answered.