Cabins on Carnival Glory?

indygirl76

I am considering a fall solo cruise on the Carnival Glory, staying in an upper/lower cabin category 1A to minimize the single fare. Looking at the deck plans, there are several cabins on the Main deck (two aft and four forward) that are significantly larger than the standard 1A. Because it's so far in advance, most of these cabins are still available for booking on the dates I want.

I will NOT book an accessible cabin if I know it is one, but I don't know if these are accessible, or just random "secret" larger cabins. Does anyone know definitively about any of these?

Aft: 2462 and 2465

Forward: 2201, 2202, 2206, 2207

Thanks for your help! Happy cruising! :)

Unfortunately Carnival does not use a symbol for accessible cabins in their literature, which is a BAD thing on their part.

I suggest you call the cruise line and ask specifically if those rooms are HC accessible or not, they SHOULD know.

According to http://www.access-able.com, here is information on the Glory:

Glory

Operator................Carnival Cruise Lines

Phone...................800-327-9501

The Glory is a new ship in 2003. Accessible stateroom numbers; 6286, 6311, 6354, 6381, 7332, 7335, 8342, 8345, 9204, 9285, 9286, 9291, 9292, 1007 and 1008 are all inside. Stateroom numbers; 6205, 6206, 6207, 6208, 9202, 9203, 1001, 1002, 1003 and 1004 are all ocean view. Stateroom numbers; 6207 and 6208 have balconies. Stateroom 7228 is a accessible suite with a tub/shower combination that is 20" high, hand held shower and grab bars. All accessible stateroom doors are 34" with no sill and the bathroom doors are also 34" with no sill. The bathrooms have roll in showers with shower seat (15"x23" with 400 lb weight capacity), hand held shower head and grab bars. There are grab bars by the toilet which is 16" high and the sink is accessible.

Carnival has alert kits for guests with hearing impairments which can be fitted to any stateroom. These kits include visual notification of the door knocker and smoke alarm and there is a vibrating alarm and phone amplifier. Please notify in advance if this equipment is needed. Service dogs are permitted with the required documentation but may not be allowed to disembark at all ports.

Accessible staterooms should be booked directly through the Access Desk 800-438-6744 x70025 to ensure that your specific needs are met.

Archived