Questions about Crystal Mozart

Psoque

Hi.  We have been on a few Crystal cruises in the past, but our upcoming cruise on Crystal Mozart in April will be our first river cruise.  We have a couple of questions from those who have already cruised on Crystal Mozart.  We are doing a 7 night Budapest to Vienna cruise.

1.  The Crystal website says their cuisine has a strong emphasis on "farm-to-table."  I know every dining establishment aspires/claims to do this, but how "farm-to-table" is the food on Crystal Mozart?  Also, should we expect some local cuisine mixed in?

2.  Is the disembarkation procedure similar to the ocean cruises?  Do we leave our luggage outside our cabins the last night of the cruise?  I sort of remember things being a bit different when we did our Crystal Esprit cruise, but then again, Crystal Mozart is bigger than Crystal Esprit.

Thanks.

Question #2 - We were asked to leave our luggage outside of our room at least 45 minutes before our departure time (which they gave us based on our flight time) with proper tags that were provided earlier. My departure time was at 7 am so I put mine out at 6 am. They also said if you disembark after 10 am, to leave it out by 9:30 am. 

Even thought there is an elevator - the butlers carried the luggage up to the main floor and then someone took them out to the bus.

Edited by Coral

Question #1 - I did not speak to the chef himself but the food was of very high quality.

On the top deck, I think they grew herbs. It was November when we sailed and cold so I didn't spend much time up there - only when we had to disembark up there. They did have local cuisine such as wiener schnitzel, white asparagus and spaetzle. They also had turkey, ham, salmon, beef, duck and chicken also which is probably pretty common. I believe we were told they flew in Maine Lobster and also brought in Caviar from France. I don't eat either and remember seeing the Caviar but not Lobster but I wasn't looking for it. I would have to go back and look at my pictures. They did have a "local cuisine" item each night on the menu.

John Ken had posted his website which has menus where were very close to ours: https://johnken3.blogspot.com/2016/12/dinner-on-board-crystal-mozart.html  They were very helpful for me.

Sorry I don't know exactly where they sourced their food but it was very good. Everything was home made. I thought the produce was excellent and I didn't know if it was local or not. For example - the strawberries tasted in season but it was the end of November.

Edited by Coral