Would you risk hotwire

mom2two2

We will be sailing from Miami on a NYE cruise 2019 and need a room Dec 29 pre cruise for one night.  Obviously hotels are not cheap at that time.  I do have a room booked near the airport that I can cancel up to the day before check in.

I have received a hotwire promo discount email that would give me a better rate (by about $50) on a 4 star in the area that I want.  As you know, this would be non refundable, no changes etc.  I have used hotwire before with no issues but not for quite some time and have heard rumors that they can "bump" or cancel you.  With it being Miami and so close to NYE I am a bit worried about risking it.

Has anyone done this?  Experiences?  I am just worried we will get down there to no room and have to pay through the nose for a place to stay last minute.

Yes, I would absolutely use hotwire.

In fact, I haven't booked a hotel room not on hotwire in years unless it is a specific hotel I need to book.

Purchase the insurance (I think it is $15) and then you can cancel if you need.

I fully agree. Have been using Hotwire for many years with no problems. They usually say what hotel the last person got and every time I got the same hotel. Very pleased with them.