11:30 Embark Question

llarsen

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Echo the early purchase of a cabana comment.  One other point, when you board you can go to the excursion desk (err, what ever they changed the name to) and pick your cabana out.  You can google the map....We enjoyed being further down the beach away from the bar and less people.  

A little OT, but seconding the suggestion of selecting a cabin further down the beach. Usually if you get one of the first few, the beach is much more crowded and you have 100's of people that think your cabana and it's amenities are open to the public despite the sign on the front saying otherwise.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, llarsen said:

Hello, 

We are taking our grandsons and their parents on their first cruise.

I am also bringing some other items from home like beach toys, stuffed animals, candies etc. that I would like to set up in the room before they walk in. I would also like to blow up a couple balloons and decorate the stateroom door prior to them arriving to their stateroom.

51 minutes ago, coevan said:

you said he has a bathing suit under his pants. When we travel from Colorado in the winter, we change out of our winter gear in the airport bathroom. I don't think of it being an exhibitionist, changing my clothes. Is everyone in the gym locker room an exhibitionist? And, it's not contradicting, it's making a statement.

Look at the OP's posting.  She said grandsons.  Then she went on to say toys, stuffed animals, candies, etc.  These are little boys.  Getting out of winter gear is a little different than taking off everything and putting on swim trunks.  A gym locker room is a little different than a ship's bathroom where everyone else is fully clothed.  I gave the OP a suggestion.  It's up to her to decide if she or her parents want the boys take my advice.  Many on here have suggested wearing their swimsuits under their clothes so that all they have to do is remove their street clothes (in public) and start swimming.