Please Help-Bidding Upgrade$ NCL Pride Sailing (I to B)

keishashadow

I posted in the upgrade thread but haven’t received a response.  Said thread appears to focus primarily on Haven upgrades.  No luck with general search here or google either.

Looking for advice, guesstimates are welcome, as to preparing a low-ball bid with more than a remote chance of acceptance.

I’m  looking at inside to balcony on our PoA May ‘19 sailing.  Since it was pricey out of the gate & so port intensive, was originally satisfied to book an inside.  Now tempted to take a stab at a balcony; especially since I’m seeing nearly 100 balconies still open (listed on one of those TA sites recommended here to check all inventory).  This out of close to 700 balcony cabins, seems like a lot to me that they need to fill.

Booked direct, paid $3,500 for assigned inside for 2 pp last summer with OBC & gratuities (approx value another $350).  

Current lowest pricing for sail away balcony is nearly $5,500, lowest assigned cabin is $6,500

PP bid ranges listed:

$50 - poor

$130-fair

$215-low

DH suggested $75 pp/$150 total, really doesn’t want to go above $100-$150 pp. No idea if the above-stated ranges are challenging the market or true indications of success.

If NCL does take ‘status’ into consideration,  I am lowly bronze, the mr is silver

On other bidding threads I have seen people state received bids to balcony and/or mini suites from a range of $75-$250 with most common at $150.  As others state, bid what makes you comfortable and look at winning a bid as a bonus.  After all, you’ll be in Hawaii so it should all be good!  Good luck!  The thread I gain the most information is “What was your upgrade offer...”