My stateroom is above a dance floor

sunlilacs

6 hours ago, coevan said:

So, if money is not a deciding factor, why would you take an interior over a balcony. 

One reason is on a shorter cruise, which I do often, I really don't use it. I'm not in the room hardly at all, and when I am I just want to sleep. I sleep best in the interior rooms. 

To be fair, one reason I like the balconies, which I usually get  on a longer cruise, is I get burned out from the activities and like my own piece and quiet. I also love to open up the curtains while sleeping and waking up and seeing the moon and stars.

Another reason that I would choose an interior in the summer is that the balconies sometimes can be soooo hot. Sure I could close the curtains, but then why have the balcony. Again, I am just there to shower, change, or sleep, and I want the coolest room possible. 

These are a few of my reasons, but each person has their own for making their choice.

I had a balcony on a panama canal cruise not too long ago, it was perfect and a much better experience (for me) than an interior would have been. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I really don't use it.

That's exactly why we booked OV for our upcoming cruise. DH likes having the natural light, but we barely used the balcony last year and we didn't see a reason to pay the extra $400 for one this time around, so OV is a much better fit for us.

4 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

Another reason that I would choose an interior in the summer is that the balconies sometimes can be soooo hot. Sure I could close the curtains, but then why have the balcony. Again, I am just there to shower, change, or sleep, and I want the coolest room possible.

This as well, our balcony cabin last year was too warm on several night when we were trying to sleep, even after leaving the curtains closed all day, but our OV the year before last was nice and cool every night. And like you, we too are only in the cabin to shower, change, or sleep, and want the coolest room possible.