Middle Eastern Cruise - MSC vs RCCL

Hi All,

I'm looking at booking my next cruise as a Middle Eastern cruise sailing out of Dubai and visiting Doha, Bahrain, Sir Bani Yas ect...

I'm now choosing between these two ships and need advice on which to pick (Ports and prices are pretty must the same, date in Jan/Feb 2019)

• Jewel of the Seas
  • MCS Belissima

To give some context about us and my thoughts, I've listed them in bluet point formats.

• We are going as a couple 29m & 27f (British)
  • We are going on a Mediterranean cruise in Sept 2018 on Oasis of the Seas (First cruise)
    • Because of this, it might be good to experience a smaller ship? (Jewel of the sea)
  • MSC Belissima will be a brand new ship vs the older Jewel of the seas. Might be good to experience a fresh ship
  • Reviews of the MSC Meraviglia (Sister ship) doesn't seem that great but has high Cruisecritic rating

Any words of wisdom or advice would be great :)

Your first cruise should set the stage for cruising.  Welcome to Cruise Critic.  You have picked a great ship for your first cruise.  Oasis and it's sister ship Allure have a wow factor.  There is so much to do on this ship.  You are young enough that both of you will have so much fun; you may not want to leave the ship.  If you are active; then Oasis is the ship for you.  Lots of sports activities;  ice skating, surfing, zip lining;  great shows;  plenty of places to eat and drink on board.  So with that said;  Jewel of the seas may be a let down;  it is a great ship but does not have all the bells and whistles that Oasis has; so it would not be fair to compare the two.  That said;  maybe by sailing Jewel you would enjoy all your port stops much more.  I have not sailed on MSC; but have been on five Royal Caribbean ships to include Allure, Adventure, Explorer, Majesty, Navigator of the Seas.  Ask questions and we will try and steer you in the right direction.

Bellissima is on her maiden voyage out of Southampton, where she was named at the weekend. I'm reading the blogs of a couple of people now, and the pictures of her are stunning, but we'll have to wait until she gets to Barcelona before the first reviews are in.