Atlantis Rio 2007 ????

ZIPPER

Oceania Cruise Line released their 2007 South American schedule for the Insignia and I couldn't help noticing a gap in their schedule. They appear to have a cruise that ends in Buenos Aires on Feburay 21st, but the next cruise listed starts in Rio de Janerio on March 5th. You don't suppose ...? The only drawback is Carnival is February 17th - 20th in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on this years sailing and am soooooo excited. It better be on incredible experience considering I have thrown the old budget out the door on this one. Inside cabin but as a single ..ching, night stay in BA as a single...ching, bidness class on American from Philly down and back....multiple ching, reserve box seat at sambadrome...Brazilian ching, Brazil visa ching.

Total ching is more than my big trip to Egypt a few years back.

But I will get to hang glide in Rio...........whooooopy!

I wonder if RSVP will try to get into the South American market next year?

Me, I am hoping someone does a Hawaii cruise.....haven't been there yet and I think its time before I head back to Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin to experience heaven.

I hope to talk to Rich Cambell about a New Zealand cruise......no one has done that itinerary so its virgin territory.

As to next year.....I agree he has probably chartered the ship....instant done deal for him. I wish him all the best........as I hope all of us going this year will experience all the best.

Tom aka Bertha

This is a shock to me. I cannot see how this is a good thing should the staff eventually depart the business. I can see where a big company/ conglomerate will have the money and influence to charter big ships, hotels and space with international tour companies...but its how the charters are run has potential to be bad.

If a charter will be just that and then the cruise line runs the show...it will be an easy proposition, but to run the show takes experience. This experience is held by the current staff...if they leave, then there will be a lot of growing pains. Growing pains coud be detrimental to the company.

Me, I like smaller companies that specialize in their product.....conglomerates have power, but can they pay attention to detail....?

I guess I will wait and see. Perhaps one possibility would be to see a cruise ship run as a gay business if the parent company can swing it. RSVP tried it once and it did not last.....maybe now it could be a possibility.

Archived