Cabin 308 Star Clipper

CIRCUSGIRL

I have stayed in 301 Transatlantic.  It is half a deck higher although this is not shown on deck plans with crew cabins next door forward.  308 is a few further back but in my opinion a good location as it is forward of the Main Dining Room area.  Aft of the dining area is not a favoured position in my experience due to the engine generating heat, noise and fumes which are not what you want in the corridor aft of the dining room.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Like 1

john watson

We stayed in the neighboring cabin 310 once and the layout of the cabin in the video fits to 310 next door (which has a unique layout, means that the bathroom of 310 is 'behind' the desk of 308) as well as the short view of the corridor at the end. I am not in doubt that the video shows cabin 308.

You may compare with the deckplan, but be aware, that the small rectangular space between 308 und 310 partly belongs to 310 - it is part of the bathroom of 310 which cabin door opens at the opposite side to a small office space next to the dining room (not visible in the deckplan).

The deck plans published in the Star Clipper brochures and website are somewhat simplified.  I stayed in cabin 301 with the designation RD which has a "Raised Double" bed.   There is a wall right up to each side of the bed.  Very handy as you cannot roll out of it even in a major storm.  Climbing into bed is only possible if you approach from the foot of the bed and go up a few steps.  The cabin itself is on a different deck to that shown, about half a deck higher up a small flight of steps.  The cabin door is adjacent to a "crew only" door with the corridor leading to a run of crew cabins beyond. 

The brochure/deck plans just show 301 as next door to all the other passenger cabins on their deck.

Regards John

Edited by john watson