MSC Seaside Class - Family questions

MasterNotCommander

We are looking at booking some cruises on the MSC Seaside and the MSC Seaview and wanted to hit you up with some questions. (Probably Seaside in November and Seaview in April 2020).

1) If we book an Aurea or Fantastica Balcony cabin for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) are the kids on fold down bunks from the wall or a sofa bed? 

2) Is the king bed two singles together and does it slide apart so that you end up on the floor in the middle (strange question I know, but we  had bad experience in the past)?

3) Other than the drinks package are there any real advantages for Aurea over Fantastica? Anyone who booked in one class regretted not booking the other? 

4) What extras do you have to pay for onboard? Are the waterslides, gym, yoga room etc all included? 

5) Does Fantastica include room service paid or free? 

6) Whats the boarding process like for Fantastica? Fairly quick? 

7) Hows the kids club? Do you think a 9 and 12 year old will be kept busy enough? 

8. With Fantastica can you eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room? 

9. What is the best dining time for families with kids to make sure we catch the shows? 

10. Is it majority US passengers on these ships? 

Any great advice for travelling with the kids much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Hello, We have cruised twice on the Seaside as a family, this past January in one Aurea aft suite with two of our three children and once before in two adjoining Aurea balconies with our three children. I will try to answer all of your questions.

1. It depends on the room, the deck plans have the codes for sofa or Pullman ( bunk) both of the rooms we were in had sofa beds.

2.King bed kept together and was very comfortable, no issues.

3. Aurea class includes priority boarding , dedicated Sun area and bar, all access to thermal spa (amazing) one massage per adult and anytime dining. Also included are wristbands that take place of keycard for charges and room entry. All very worthwhile enhancements in my opinion.

4. Extras onboard are Zip line, formula one racer,arcade, bowling and fitness classes (yoga)

5.Not sure about room service with fantastical but we were able to have coffee and continental breakfast delivered for no fee.

6.Again, not sure about boarding for Fantastica but priority for Sure a was skip the lines super fast.

7.My kids are older but everyone onboard loved the kids clubs and there is so much to do with or without the club's.

8.All main dining rooms are open different times(check cruise planner, some fo not open for lunch on port days for example) but when they are open they are for everyone.

9.Shows are twice per night and usually last about 45 minutes so it is not hard to figure a plan to get the time you like to eat and then get to show or vice versa. Reservations for show times made through app or onboard at the monitors. Very easy.

10. On Seaside there is a mix, be prepared to be flexible and try not to let the differences bother you. We use it as a learning experience for our kids as " how not to act" if needed. Very many from US I never felt weird about it.

We have always traveled two to four trips per year since kids were very small, cruising is an amazing time for them and you get to stop in different places, see new things, New cultures....they will love it and you will get to enjoy it also. I recommend the Aurea class for the many perks, especially the Top 19 because on a ship this size it is perfect to have a space away. My kids love the sports bar ( and small charge chicken wings) and the Skyline bar makes an amazing Key Lime Martini, enjoy!

• Like 1

The king bed can be separated.  The beds for 3/4 guests can be double sofa or sofa/bunk (all one piece).  There are no wall or ceiling bunks in balcony cabins.

Room service free with Fantastica

No special boarding with Fantastica but we were black card holders, and did not arrive at the crack of dawn...

Shows are three times per night and last 30 min.  7:15; 8:30; 9:45.  You book them on the app or the interactive screens around the ship.  8:30 is the most popular.  

• Like 1