Thunderstorms

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree. Night time thunderstorms at sea are beautiful. I can remember one time having other things that I wanted to do but couldn't take myself away from watching the lightning.

HA, yep, this last cruise I also couldn't take myself from just watching the sea - ended up doing the least amount ever on a cruise and having one of the best times doing it!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

On my very first night of my first cruise on the Crown Princess there was this incredible thunderstorm at night with lightening everywhere. It was really cool, I literally knew right then and there out on the deck watching lightening bolts and blue flashes that I had already fallen in love with cruising. Going on 7 cruises now and the love is still there.

Thinking back I think it was one of my first cruises too I first saw a storm at sea and they can't be beat!  Nor can sunsets - this last cruise we took youngest and his GF for their college spring break and they had both gone to Hawaii last year and she was wowed by her first sunset at sea - I said it's hard not to get addicted to the beauty of vastness which really isn't too far but feels like it's you and nothing else (well and all your fellow passengers 🙂 )

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I do too, some of my favorite cruise memories are the storms - especially when you can see them in the distance from the balcony or upper deck at night - beautiful light shows!

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. While at Sea, at nite, is a Beautiful site!

Better than fire works. What a light show we saw on Navigator a few years ago. Best part of the cruise.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, goingcrazywithkids said:

I am sailing on the mariner of the seas march 18-22nd and there is some some pretty bad weather in the forecast. What happens when there is bad weather does the captain sail around the storms???

We are on the same trip and I have been watching the extended forecast for Miami and Nassau.  It literally changes every day.  I sure hope we don't get a full day of rain.  It seems unlikely but who knows!  5 more days!!