Rotterdam Staterooms 3391 and 3395

Overhead Fred

Has anyone sailed in these rooms? If so, can you comment on the views from the cabins? Both are partially obstructed but I am wondering if one has a less obstructed view than the other. Pictures would be great! 

Thanks in advance.

Stayed in 3388 years ago, not sure if that is helpful.  Can’t remember if it was considered obstructed as well, but really wasn’t aside from having to look across the promenade deck (and steel lower railing) to see the water.  Was a great spot as it was easy to pop out to the promenade where you had access biggest balcony on the ship 😉

From what I am reading, The Amsterdam is the sister ship to the Rotterdam.  So the views should be comparable.  Here is a link you can go to and find out what the view will be out of your cabin for obstructed view.  

I can't paste on this particular internet.  Will try chrome.

Edited by racnwdow

53 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

From what I am reading, The Amsterdam is the sister ship to the Rotterdam.  So the views should be comparable.  Here is a link you can go to and find out what the view will be out of your cabin for obstructed view.  

I can't paste on this particular internet.  Will try chrome.

Thanks for the link. I did study those pictures carefully before I posted my query.

The room numbering on the Rotterdam is slightly different than for the other R-class ships. The pictures from the Amsterdam make it look like Rotterdam's 3395 may have a slightly better sight lines than 3391, but it is a subtle difference. And the photos do not seem to quite match the deck plan, but it is hard to gauge. That is why I asked for any first-hand comments on the two cabins.

We have 3391 booked for November and do not plan on trying to change it. I am booking another Rotterdam cruise and both 3391 and 3395 are available. I know we will be happy with either, but I wonder if it is worth moving down a couple of doors if the view is a bit better. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in cabin 3396 and it is under the galley. I'm really afraid of hearing a lot of noise.  Our last cruise was under the promenade and we heard pounding day and night. Has anyone experienced problems like that?