Dawn 1/12-1/22 Crusie

Mich321

My family and I were booked on this, our first cruise. We set sail from NY and spent the next few days really enjoying ourselves...until Tuesday the 17th. My daughter got sick and when we took her to the ship's doctor, they recommended we disembark on the 18th in San Juan and fly her home for immediate medical attention. She's in the hospital and if all goes as planned, will be having minor surgery in the morning to remove an abscess in her neck.

I had the insurance and should get reimbursed for the airfare home, however, I was curious to know if NCL would either refund some of monies for the 5 days we didn't sail with them or credit us for a future cruise. Anyone know how this works and what I would have to do? We'd really like to cruise again and maybe get in a whole trip next time.

If I'm not mistaken, this should be covered by your travel insurance under the trip interrupted clause. Not all policies are the same but I assume you should receive some reinbursement for the unused cruise days. I would also contact NCL regarding a possible future cruise credit.

If I'm not mistaken, this should be covered by your travel insurance under the trip interrupted clause. Not all policies are the same but I assume you should receive some reinbursement for the unused cruise days. I would also contact NCL regarding a possible future cruise credit.

I agree with Dolphins most travel insurance should pay you for the unused portion of your trip. 5 of 10 days should generate a 50% refund/credit.

The good news is your daughter will be OK.

Archived