Port of Miami to West Palm Beach airport (PBI)

mcd2745

Anyone have experience getting from POM to West Palm Beach airport after debarkation? I'm looking at a flight leaving PBI (for JFK) at 12:20pm. It is far cheaper than any of the flights leaving MIA or FLL, not to mention also right about the time we would really prefer to fly.

Trip is approximately one and a half hours under normal circumstances. If you carry off luggage on your own you should have plenty of time. Years ago I did the same thing. I rented a vehicle at the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center for the minimum twenty four hour period. We left the ship at approximately 8:00AM, hopped on the shuttle and were on the road by 9:30AM. Arrived around 11:15AM and had plenty of time before my 3:00PM flight back to Newark, New Jersey. Rental vehicle was a minivan which if I remember correctly was approximately forty five dollars. I saved around one hundred fifty dollars per ticket on this trip in March 2011. To save time you can contact a limo company to see how much they would charge you. It would be more expensive but would cut out the rental car. Contact Larry’s Limos for a price quote. Reasonable rates, clean vehicles and knowledgeable drivers. I have personally used them a few times.

For a 12:20 flight you need to be at PBI about 11 or just before..  With the ride from POM taking 90-120 minutes, that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs and immigration before 9:00.  Larry's Limos is a good option or you can use UberX for about $100.  Not sure you have the time to mess with a rental car.