Loyalty Perks Just Got Better

ottahand7

6 hours ago, tv24 said:

For the HAL Mariners who qualify, the big benefit on Cunard is the 6 hours of internet minutes.  On Seabourn, it's one free laundry bag per passenger per week and discounts on excursions.  Could be very attractive depending on the cruise and the passenger's needs.

Platinum level on Cunard is only 4 hours of (poor quality) internet.

Other benefits include 'priority' check-in and an extra party (with free drinks).

Private lounge for disembarkation, with refreshements.

Complimentary wine tasting.

45 minutes ago, ivanidea said:

Platinum level on Cunard is only 4 hours of (poor quality) internet.

Other benefits include 'priority' check-in and an extra party (with free drinks).

Private lounge for disembarkation, with refreshements.

Complimentary wine tasting.

Those 4 hours of Internet (on Cunard) are 4 more hours then we get on HAL...and that is even though we are 5 Star Mariners.  In fact, of all the cruise lines we routinely cruise, HAL is the ONLY line that does not give us free Internet.

Hank

• Like 1

7 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It looks like the OP is the only one who qualifies.  :classic_huh:

I guess this must be micro-marketing.  I just got my mail and lo and behold is a big  fold out brochure from Seabourn.  Usually I just get HA and my weekly Regent mailings.  There are some very tempting deals in there with View and Veranda being the same - complimentary upgrade.   Seabourn Quest 15 days Iceland to Copenhagen $6,999 + fees.   Ditto ship  15 day roundtrip Dover same price.  Here is the one that made my heart flutter 30 days Quest - Copenhagen to Dover $10,999.  I compared pricing of that to the HA trip I have been dreaming of 35 day Voyage of the Vikings Veranda $11,949.  Of course HA more days but Seabourn had more stops.   Just buying HA's the booze package probably would make up the difference.   

I might think seriously about them but I am still working for another couple of months and I have a couple of 17 year old cats I can't leave for that long.  Then there is the airfare.  This princess needs Business Class - that is more than the cruises.  

Similar thread on the Celebrity board has complaints from those in the upper tiers complaining about the influx of Royal Caribbean passengers with matched status, most of them sailing Celebrity for the first time.  There are a lot more people on RCCL with status so it's crowding the events and leading to longer waits/poorer service than in the past.  Paraphrasing someone else: "if everyone has priority, no one has priority."  

Edited by bEwAbG

32 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Similar thread on the Celebrity board has complaints from those in the upper tiers complaining about the influx of Royal Caribbean passengers with matched status, most of them sailing Celebrity for the first time.  There are a lot more people on RCCL with status so it's crowding the events and leading to longer waits/poorer service than in the past.  Paraphrasing someone else: "if everyone has priority, no one has priority."  

This was my earlier post exactly.  RCCL is soon realize that they cannot offer the same perks to alot more people, so they will have to reduce/eliminate/"water down" them - just like Harrahs/Caesars had to, much to our disappoint and in the end, less money spent with them.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

This was my earlier post exactly.  RCCL is soon realize that they cannot offer the same perks to alot more people, so they will have to reduce/eliminate/"water down" them - just like Harrahs/Caesars had to, much to our disappoint and in the end, less money spent with them.  

Apparently X has been polling their members to see what perks they think are worthwhile.  Some took that to mean that they were going to be expanding offerings but more think that is the precursor to cutting back.  It's a double-edged sword, for sure.

Edited by bEwAbG

Simply said didn't work with me.  Every one is in a different situation.   If they do it broad brush it probably will become a problem but from reading previous comments it was a small emailing but when one of us shares it on CC I guess it becomes "public".