CRUISE AND F1 RACE IN ABU DHABI

VILLAELENA

I am looking to book MSC cruise in November 2019. The ship arrives in Abu Dhabi at 5am and leaves at 9pm on 1st December. Can anyone advise me weather or not I would have enough time to go to the race track and watch the F1 race.  Does anyone know how far the port is from the F1 race track Yas Marina Circuit?

Abu Dhabi is a night race, so starts at 5.10 pm  allow 2 hours race time............. I think it would be a bit of a chance.  You would need to leave mid race and F1 entrance fees are not cheap! The track on Yas Island is about 30 km (20 miles) from the cruise port.  In good traffic taxi takes 35./40 minutes.

787942135_data6-ThgGMzuAyCOatnG0lL9fV8Pqqmqzd535YoNO_7c0fXWMMkbxoehbi5T37x0zFjMdtYAaV_QqjRLq99uQ2daN-tPW0knbn_Dwsb3Aop--i0X3HzYkUy6U2XpXLcSWSuxJkuv-yJkv53yL4wM6.png.4606b16dc64a50e80f36e02f7f71e2a8.png

Might be doable if you leave before the end.

After the race ends, it will take some time to even get out of the track.

Unless you charter a helicopter. 😄   I don't know about there, but for Hungarian GP, there are helicopter services directly to the airport.

I did the f1 in 2016 and no, the traffic is horrendous after the race due to the concerts. Race finished around 7 and finally got into booked taxi at 9.30 pm. Unless the cruise ship is arranging transport I definitely wouldn’t chance it. Go find a hotel that’s showing it near the cruise ship that way you should get back ok. They may even show it in the ship. I don’t think you can even go to Ferrari world on race weekend without a ticket.