Italytours.EU-Best of Rome and Vatican questions

badaja

Can anyone tell me how much time you spend outside the van on this tour? Don’t want to be in a full van in a middle seat and only do drive-by’s of the Parthenon, Forum, Colosseum etc. I know ithe tour does take you into the Vatican but where else do they stop so you can look around?

Thanks for your help!

We did this tour with them in 2016. It's really not a "drive by" tour - we had plenty of time at both the Colosseum (we had advance tickets, but you still have to go through security) and the Pantheon. For the Forum, we went to an overlook - we didn't walk through. Other sites we saw were the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. We also had a nice lunch break near Piazza di Spagnola. In all, the van was transportation from one site to another, but we didn't just drive by anything except the Victor Emmanuel monument (the "birthday cake"),

3 hours ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

How much time is at the vatican, if you choose not to buy skip the line tickets for the Vatican is there something for you to do?

We spent a lot of time at the Vatican. After lunch and the Pantheon, we were dropped off at the Vatican Museum, where we were paired with another 6-person tour for a tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and  St. Peter's, led by a guide who had expertise in the Vatican. After the tour we met our driver in St. Peter's Square for the drive back to the ship. I would estimate about 2 to 2 1/2 hours at the Vatican. We loved it, but it is crowded.

I would e-mail and ask about an alternate for the afternoon, if you don't want to see the museum or the Sistine Chapel. You might be able to be dropped off at St. Peter's Square while others on the tour are touring the Vatican and then meet at a given time back at the square.

I have this tour booked for May. I emailed and asked about the times for the Vatican and the Colosseum. The answer I received was 3 hour walking tour of the Vatican and 45 minutes for the Colosseum.

Can't answer your other questions though.