Solarium Bistro when boarding ship on Allure

I read on the Compass that Solarium is open when we board the ship. How crowded is it typically and how is the selection? Kids can go to the restaurant part, just not in the solarium, correct? I am trying to find a balance between the madness of the Windjammer and the Park Cafe, which I am sure my husband and I would love but the kids, not so much.

1 minute ago, moesyk4 said:

I read on the Compass that Solarium is open when we board the ship. How crowded is it typically and how is the selection? Kids can go to the restaurant part, just not in the solarium, correct? I am trying to find a balance between the madness of the Windjammer and the Park Cafe, which I am sure my husband and I would love but the kids, not so much.

Not crowded, selection is like a mini-Windjammer.

We loved it but it really depends on what you want to eat. If you are looking for burgers, chicken fingers or pizza it is not the place for you. They had a roast beef carving station and 2 or 3 entrees like fish or chicken and some sides. They had a salad bar and 3 or 4 dessert choices. I think they also had a spot to make sandwiches. It wouldn't have been a place that our grandchildren would like to eat. I hope this helps!

The Wipeout Cafe would be another option. I'm afraid we didn't have lunch there but I know they have things like burgers, pizza, french fries and chicken fingers.

I don't know if they were working on embarkation day but there are touchscreen directories by the elevators. If you click on "dining" it will tell you what places are currently open and how busy they are. Once we discovered this feature we used it everytime we were deciding where we wanted to eat. We never ate at the Windjammer because it was always busy when we wanted to eat. I hope this helps!

• Like 1