Did your teens like Entourage?

CarolinaMamma

Sailing on Breakaway in a couple of weeks, and my 15 year old son is skeptical. This cruise will be the week before Easter, which is our spring break and spring break for a lot of the Northeast as well, so there should be a decent number of kids on board. Would love ot hear from others what their kids thought of the teen activities onboard and what some of their favorite spots were. 

My teen (now 17) LOVES Entourage. He's been cruising NCL for several years with me and every cruise he meets lots of friends and has a lot of fun. The first day is super important to attend at Entourage because that's when all the teens meet and become friends. Very often they will skip going to Entourage and just all meet up at the ropes course, basketball courts, mini golf, pool etc. Every cruise it seems to happen the same way- he meets a good group of friends his age (boys and girls) and they just all make plans outside of Entourage for the remainder of the week. So Entourage is vital for the first day or two for everyone to meet but then the teens seem to enjoy making plans and meeting up outside of it. If your teen does not go on the first day they might miss out on this. The younger teens (13+) tend to all stick around Entourage and do the planned activities while the 15/16+ tend to use Entourage to meet friends and then do their own thing the rest of the week. At least that has been my experience.

Thanks for the info. Next question. Do you ha e to buy the internet package for people to communicate with one another via the NCL app? I am kind of looking forward to my kids NOT having internet for a week, but if they do meet friends, I want them to have a way to coordinate meetups. 

37 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Thanks for the info. Next question. Do you ha e to buy the internet package for people to communicate with one another via the NCL app? I am kind of looking forward to my kids NOT having internet for a week, but if they do meet friends, I want them to have a way to coordinate meetups. 

It’s around $10 per device to use the texting feature on the app. I’ve had 5 teens attend entourage, all loved it, at least to meet up with other teens. My oldest were 18 and 20 on our last cruise, and they were nervous about not meeting others (very social). They did end up with a posse, but it was more difficult.

2 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I've never purchased internet or even the app for my teen they usually just agree on a place and time to meet up the next day. And the few times he wasn't sure where everyone was he would walk around and find the group at their usual spots. No internet needed.