Dropping Off Rental Car at Port Canaveral

bacm

Has anyone had experience dropping off a rental car at Port Canaveral? We plan on flying into Orlando, renting a car, staying overnight & driving to the port in the morning. Has anyone had any experience dropping off a rental car at Port Canaveral & then taking the rental car shuttle to the ship?

We have done this several time, usually with Avis.  If it is just the wife and I we both ride the shuttle; if I have a crowd of kids and bags we usually drop everyone and bags off at the port, then I return the car and ride the shuttle solo.

I was among those critical of crowds and delay (with Budget). The issue is that people disembarking and wanting to pick up cars fill up the rental office, while the agency needs those who will be embarking to return their cars so that they can clean and service them. If several ships are embarking on the same day there can also be delays with shuttles to the cruise terminal.

Nevertheless, under the same circumstances I would rent again. I was arriving at SFB early on the day before my embarkation and wanted the use of the car during the day and evening.

Thanks for explaining. Think I’ll try it. You’re not the only one to mention Budget as the most crowded. I’ll try for Avis, but only if the price is right. Is there a separate line for returning vehicles vs. renting? We plan on getting there around noon. Hope the crowds have died down by then.

All rental car companies are busy on turnaround days at Cape Canaveral. Easiest way I have found is to drop off friends and family and luggage at Port Canaveral and then drive over to return the vehicle. If the lines are exceptionally long for the free shuttle back to Port Canaveral a taxi or Uber/ Lyft is the way to go. The rental car facilities at Cape Canaveral are a lot smaller than locations in Orlando, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, etc.