New to RCI - Symphony Tips, Tricks and Secrets

Hey everyone.  I have sailed Carnival and NCL, but never RCI.  This is my first cruise with them and I have been following the Symphony since they announced her plans to be built, so imagine my excitement!

We are sailing (for our honeymoon) May 25 - 28 of this year, so a very short  sailing.  That being said, I'm trying to experience everything there is to experience on her.  We have one stop (Nassau) and unless my wife decides she wants to spend all day on land (I've been there many, many times), I'm hoping to just explore the ship.

So, I'm looking for every little trick, tip, secret and advice.  What all is there to do on there?  I read something (rumor maybe?) that they have interactive art and they even have some art that you use your RCI app and hit an x-ray mode or something and it shows you what's on the other side of the wall.  Is this stuff true?   Little hidden things like that is what I really want to find out about, but even other things like the shows, activities (for instance, is ice skating free, how is the laser tag, etc) and free food venues?  On Carnival, the day you sail away from port, many of the specialty dining options are actually free for lunch on that day.  Anything like that with the Symphony?

Ok, I'm sure I'll have other questions, but PLEASE fill me in!!!!!  My buddy has told me since my very first cruise that RCI is the ONLY way to go....  even though he is really starting to like Carnival.

I really look forward to the dialogue with all of you in this post.

One last thing.... does anyone know where the "coin" is on the ship?  For those of you that don't know, all ships have a special coin embedded somewhere on the ship.  On cruise ships, it's usually some place the passengers can see it, but usually not obvious.  It's fun to go find it. 

We just got off and as you say, there is really cool interactive and animated art.  Some locations:

• "sound" art on Boardwalk and by Schooner Bar
  • musical stairs walking up to Windjammer (you can't miss these)
  • animated art at the top of the Windjammer stairs (really cute)
  • interactive art where you end up in the oil painting - MDR level 5 as you walk in
  • pictures with xray vision through the app - deck 12 forward near elevators  (we only saw one but there may be more)

Another nice tip that I saw on one of the blogs is there is a quiet ping pong table on deck 5 (walking track) and it also has nice views if you don't mind looking through glass.

Also don't miss the shows. They are top notch.

Enjoy your cruise.  Amazing ship!

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1