Hilo Farmers Market

Cyn874

Has anyone been to the big farmers market in Hilo? We are planning to go to this on Saturday, April 13th, and I'm trying to find out if most vendors accept credit card payment, or is it largely cash? We would prefer to use cards, but will bring cash if absolutely necessary. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Has anyone been to the big farmers market in Hilo? We are planning to go to this on Saturday, April 13th, and I'm trying to find out if most vendors accept credit card payment, or is it largely cash? We would prefer to use cards, but will bring cash if absolutely necessary. Thanks!

According to "Hilo Farmer's Market" on Yelp, they accept credit cards.  

• Thanks 1

The Hilo Farmer's Market is a favorite for us.  We plan either snacks or lunch from the market food stalls, buy flowers and enjoy at least an hour in the market.  It's a good place to buy "souvenirs" or gifts.  We purchased sundresses for granddaughters.  Our friend bought a flute.  This is not a "tourist" only market.  Locals shop at the market too.  You may want to bring a lightweight shopping bag.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My family would like to visit the farmer's market when we are there later this month.  We will be on the PoA ship.  I'm guessing not, but curious since we're not in another country, would the PoA allow us to bring on food purchased from the farmer's market?