Carnival Gift Cards

cbtengwife

Target stores around here have them, and if you have a Target Red card, you get 5% off the cards. I think they're set amounts, but I'm not sure what the denominations are. Maybe $50 and/or $100. I've never seen them at Walmart, but since they do sell a wide variety of gift cards, I look now & again just for the heck of it.

These are the examples Carnival gives for the retailers that sell their gift cards: Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie, Office Max and Publix. Pretty much your best option is to check places in your area that sell a variety of gift cards.

Check out the two threads below. Both AARP and Allstate offer rewards programs that give us the ability to purchase $100 and $500 Carnival gift cards with a 10% discount. You don't have to be a member of either company, just have to sign up for a free rewards account. AARP is probably the easiest. Go to the last few pages of these threads. I think I've recently posted instructions on how to set up a rewards account and purchase the gift cards.

AARP: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2126427-aarp-gift-cards/

Allstate: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/

At our Target we purchased $3,000 worth in the $100 increments they offered for our latest cruise. Saved $150. Only bummer was I had to call and read all 30 gift card numbers to the CS over the phone. The website only allows a few (5 or 6 I think).

12 hours ago, cbtengwife said:

Has anyone ever paid with a prepaid credit card?  

Here's what's on Carnival's FAQ's:

Gift Cards
We accept the following gift cards as a form of payment for your cruise reservation, online shore excursion purchases, spa service purchases and Fun Shop gift purchases as well as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account. Please note* - The American Express Gift Card cannot be used as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account.  

• American Express Gift Card*
  • Carnival Corporation Reward Card from American Express
  • MasterCard Gift Card
  • Visa Gift Card
  • The Discover Card Gift Card
  • Diner’s Club Gift Card

It is important to retain the credit card gift card in the event of cancellation and refund due. You will need to call the gift card issuing bank (800 number listed on the back of the card) and provide the gift card number used in order for them to issue a new gift card for the credit due.