Tampa cruise

We are flying into Tampa on the Saturday before our cruise.  We are not planning on renting a car for the 1 day.  Looking for a hotel with an airport shuttle, but that also has near by dining and maybe a Walgreens type store close by.

I figured grabbing an Uber to get to the Port the next day, unless a hotel has a shuttle from the airport and also to the port.

On our return, we will also look for transportation back to Tampa Airport. Best bet be an Uber?

We will have 3 people and luggage.

Rocky Point hotels also offer airport and port shuttles, with nearby dining and shopping.

Westshore is the area near the airport, with dining, a shopping mall, etc.

UBER from the port to the airport will run about $15+ as long as All 3 of you can squeeze into an UberX.

Edited by JohninDC

Agree with both suggestions above. We’ve stayed in the Westshore area as well as most recently (2 weeks ago, I wanna go back😢) at Hampton Ybor. Shuttles as well as Park & Cruise packages available

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, tebookie said:

We are flying into Tampa on the Saturday before our cruise.  We are not planning on renting a car for the 1 day.  Looking for a hotel with an airport shuttle, but that also has near by dining and maybe a Walgreens type store close by.

I figured grabbing an Uber to get to the Port the next day, unless a hotel has a shuttle from the airport and also to the port.

On our return, we will also look for transportation back to Tampa Airport. Best bet be an Uber?

We will have 3 people and luggage.

You can take a Uber back to the airport from the Port, or there are shuttle services that as I remember are very inexpensive right outside the front door as you walk out. I’m not talking $15 a person either

We ended up coordinating a shuttle from Springhill suites to the port for $7 per person. Also they will also bring us to the airport for $7 a person too. Prepaid with receipt. Just have to walk outside and the shuttle will bring us to the car rental facility at TPA. Sounds like a good idea to me. So far it has worked out for us. 

• 2 months later...

Personally I would not stay in tampa. You are in Florida.. Go stay at the Beach. St. Pete has beautiful beaches. Catch a shuttle service the next morning and enjoy a night with your toes in the sand.