Bathroom Power Outlet?

We will be sailing on the Sojourn on the 2020 World Cruise. With five months on the ship, I'd love to bring my water flosser and electric toothbrush, but wonder if the one electrical outlet in the bathroom will accept a 110/120 plug? Thanks for any help!

Hmm, I seem to remember a shaver point only in the bathroom (wet area with pipes so any electrical short. straight through you to earth).

That’s why the hairdryer is at the desk in the passage

Depends on the wattage of your appliances as to wether you could use them in the shaver point.

Red arrow points to shaver point

8062C76D-5977-4785-AD5B-397828B9381E.jpeg

Edited by SKP946

There is one outlet up on the wall that is 110 and 220.  I'm not sure if your water pick power cord will reach it so I would bring a 2 prong extension cord.  (The arrow on the above picture accurately shows the location)

7 hours ago, raphael360 said:

There is one outlet up on the wall that is 110 and 220.  I'm not sure if your water pick power cord will reach it so I would bring a 2 prong extension cord.  (The arrow on the above picture accurately shows the location)

Just make sure your electrical items don’t  use many more watts than an electric shaver, otherwise you’ll be tripping the circuit breaker all the time (Seabourn understandably get a bit picky about this !)

9 hours ago, SKP946 said:

Just make sure your electrical items don’t  use many more watts than an electric shaver, otherwise you’ll be tripping the circuit breaker all the time (Seabourn understandably get a bit picky about this !)

I think you’ll be ok with a water pick. I’ve never known SB to get picky about water picks (pun intended:)

Just an FYI- I found a great battery powered water flosser . It is great for travel small and easy to use oh and did I say cheep. Link below;

Also we love the Pacific NW-charted a 50 footer out of Anacortes and went up the East side of Vancouver Island.

Edited by captjohn
Add info.

1 hour ago, sunshineocean13 said:

The battery powered water flosser looks interesting - I just ordered and will give it a try. Thanks, captjohn! And yes, the San Juans, Canadian Gulf Islands, and Desolation Sound are great cruising waters. We love it here.

Great I think you will like it . It is not adjustable but it is strong and will last over a week per charge . You may have to refill the tank twice to get the job done ! I tease my wife that we need to install a garbage disposal in our bathroom sink 🙂

Oh, put a very very small amount of silicon lubrication on the area where the tubing attaches to the main unit, there is an " O" ring that gets a little sticky. FYI

Edited by captjohn
Add info.

11 hours ago, captjohn said:

Great I think you will like it . It is not adjustable but it is strong and will last over a week per charge . You may have to refill the tank twice to get the job done ! I tease my wife that we need to install a garbage disposal in our bathroom sink 🙂

Oh, put a very very small amount of silicon lubrication on the area where the tubing attaches to the main unit, there is an " O" ring that gets a little sticky. FYI

Thanks for the hints!  I will work on installing the garbage disposal...

Just used my water flosser in the bathroom on the Encore. The outlet is not polarized (both prongs are small openings) and thus I had to work it in and out of the plastic to get it to fit. Worked great once the one smaller hole was larger (really not hard to do, just gently work it back and forth until it goes in). Never tripped any breakers or anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, Accessor said:

Just used my water flosser in the bathroom on the Encore. The outlet is not polarized (both prongs are small openings) and thus I had to work it in and out of the plastic to get it to fit. Worked great once the one smaller hole was larger (really not hard to do, just gently work it back and forth until it goes in). Never tripped any breakers or anything.

Accessor - you make an excellent point.  I never noticed both prongs are the small size.  In the US, the wide side is neutral and the small side is hot hence the "polarized" situation.  But you found the solution. Good advice.