NCL Dawn Review 3/24-3/31

Mrs.C05

On 4/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, kitty-sail said:

Booked on the Dawn for a 14-day out of Tampa early next year. Just got off the Dawn 2 weeks ago for a 7-day cruise and had such a great time, booked another one on the Dawn for next year. Last month was the first time in 10 years since I was on the Dawn. Have been cruising on the larger ships, Breakaway, Escape, etc. and wasn't sure how I would feel about going back to a small ship but I loved it. It has that nice homey feel and had a truly wonderful time. Tried all the restaurants, did all the shows, and all the bars, staff was fabulous. Suite staff treated us so good I didn't miss not having a Haven.

That's fantastic - looking forward to spending time in a smaller ship (we LOVE the Gem), but bummed to not have the Haven. I am sure the service is still awesome, but one of the things we love about the Haven is the smaller pool for our son.

Honestly - no matter what your thoughts on the Haven pool area (pros and cons abound), it is super convenient and an outstanding perk when the weather outside is frightful...

It was the right ship though at the right price...we actually were able to book the OS with 2 Balconies to Bahamas for literally 1/2 the price of the H4 to Bermuda for the same week. Now I love Bermuda and the Haven...but I put the money we saved into paying for a holiday on the Gem (with our winter-friendly covered pool) so I am sure it's a goo move. The Dawn really sounds great - thanks for the review. 

Amy

On 4/22/2019 at 5:49 PM, amygutman said:

That's fantastic - looking forward to spending time in a smaller ship (we LOVE the Gem), but bummed to not have the Haven. I am sure the service is still awesome, but one of the things we love about the Haven is the smaller pool for our son.

Honestly - no matter what your thoughts on the Haven pool area (pros and cons abound), it is super convenient and an outstanding perk when the weather outside is frightful...

It was the right ship though at the right price...we actually were able to book the OS with 2 Balconies to Bahamas for literally 1/2 the price of the H4 to Bermuda for the same week. Now I love Bermuda and the Haven...but I put the money we saved into paying for a holiday on the Gem (with our winter-friendly covered pool) so I am sure it's a goo move. The Dawn really sounds great - thanks for the review. 

Amy

We only had 1 sea day so I only missed the Haven pool a little. The private pool was nice and always had an open lounge chair with drink service. Not available on the Dawn. Even though I didn't use the pool we had a few nice beach days.