Pre-order alcohol from Carnival !!!!!!!!!!

lrcruising

Did you all know that you can order alcohol (vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc) through Carnival's Bon Voyage program? You can't do it on the website, you have to call and order an alcohol set up for your stateroom. I ordered a bottle of Absolute ( 1 liter ) that will be in my room when I arrive. I also ordered cans of sprite to mix with it for $1.75 each. I know this is a little pricey but this is great for those of you who don't want to sneek alcohol on or pay for every drink that you have onboard. Don't get me wrong, I have smuggled alcohol on plenty of cruises, but it will be nice for once not to worry that my alcohol leaked in my luggage or that it was taken out of my luggage and confiscated. I hope this helps you all to know that you do have an option if you want it.

Thanks for the info, did not know you could order this way!!! Why not take a 12 pack or so of soda on with you?? I did, it's cheaper!!:D

The cheapest bottle of champagne I saw listed on the bon voyage site was the korbel brut for I believe $40, I was in the "fine wine" section of our local walmart the other day and saw this same stuff for $8 bucks. Quite a difference wouldn't you say.

The cheapest bottle of champagne I saw listed on the bon voyage site was the korbel brut for I believe $40, I was in the "fine wine" section of our local walmart the other day and saw this same stuff for $8 bucks. Quite a difference wouldn't you say.

Actually, the Korbel, Brut is $27.50 through Carnival. I'm sure that represents a markup for obvious reasons but at least it's not $40 as you thought. It'll make my wife happy since I ordered a bottle of Crown for myself.

ordered some alcohol for our cabin. I think I might be crazy for paying that much but it takes the trouble out of trying to get it onto the ship, etc. and it will be right there waiting for us to just grab it and walk out onto the balcony and pop-a-top right there! So, here's what I got--a liter of Bailey's Irish Creme ($45) for DH to mix with his coffee on that balcony, six bottles of Corona at 4.50 each (they told me they sell by the bottle when I asked for a six-pack--whatever) and six bottles Bud Lite at 4.50 each, so a total of $99.00 for a liter of Baileys and 12 beers!!!! Yep, I think I'm nuts.

May I ask how much that bottle of Crown costs? I might order one of those too, but it's probably more than the Bailey's I bought for $45!!

Absolutely! The Liter of Crown Royal was exactly $55. I think it's something like $42 here in Ohio. Some states sell liquor cheaper for some reason. I know Maryland is cheaper but I'm not complaining about $55 for a Liter (not a 750 ml or a pint). This is the bigger bottle. It's the one just below the 1.75 jug that looks like a half gallon of milk.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's probably $10-$15 more than the liquor store. On a 4-night cruise, you're talking about what? $3.50-$3.75 a day extra? The markup on the Coke to go along with it is more. Just think if you try and smuggle a liter on and they catch you, they confiscate it and you're out the cost of the entire bottle. Not to mention, you're then stuck paying $4-$6 per drink for the entire cruise.

You've got the right idea, HarleyGirl! Keep the Bailey's and beer, add the Crown! You'll need something smooth-sipping and light after dinner when you're stuffed.

As for everyone talking about Bon Voyage not delivering liquor anymore, I'm totally baffled. They gave me no problem whatsover and promised it would be in my room with a bucket of ice and a six-pack of Coke before we set sail!

I forgot to request that it be chilled in ice or placed in the fridge. I hope they will automatically do that. I kind of went overboard with it being our first cruise and also ordered a cake, a box of chocolates and a bottle of Korbel a few days ago! There won't be room in our cabin for our luggage with all the Bon Voyage junk I've ordered!

No problem. You won't regret it at all, I'm telling you. A year from now, you won't even remember the cash you spent on this trip. You WILL remember the great time you had though. I took my first cruise way back in 1994 and I still remember that vacation better than most I've taken since.

This is my first cruise in a few years so I'm going overboard too. I ordered the champagne as well... but that's just so my wife doesn't think I'm selfish for ordering the Crown and Coke for myself! ;) I thought "Flowers or Champagne? Hmmmmm. Which one will get her buzzed up?"

I'm going to do it up on this cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely! The Liter of Crown Royal was exactly $55. I think it's something like $42 here in Ohio. Some states sell liquor cheaper for some reason. I know Maryland is cheaper but I'm not complaining about $55 for a Liter (not a 750 ml or a pint). This is the bigger bottle. It's the one just below the 1.75 jug that looks like a half gallon of milk.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's probably $10-$15 more than the liquor store. On a 4-night cruise, you're talking about what? $3.50-$3.75 a day extra? The markup on the Coke to go along with it is more. Just think if you try and smuggle a liter on and they catch you, they confiscate it and you're out the cost of the entire bottle. Not to mention, you're then stuck paying $4-$6 per drink for the entire cruise.

You've got the right idea, HarleyGirl! Keep the Bailey's and beer, add the Crown! You'll need something smooth-sipping and light after dinner when you're stuffed.

As for everyone talking about Bon Voyage not delivering liquor anymore, I'm totally baffled. They gave me no problem whatsover and promised it would be in my room with a bucket of ice and a six-pack of Coke before we set sail!

How do I get in touch with them to order? This sounds like the way to go:D

A kind member here gave me this info awhile back:

Dial 1-800-522-7648...listen to the prompts...push 1 for gifts from the Bon Voyage Dept...then when a person gets on the line, ask for Vicki at Ext. 12065.

Cruise JD is right. The 800 number (1-800-522-7648) is the way to go if you want to order beer or liquor. You can order flowers, wine, champagne and some other stuff from the Carnival.com website, but you have to order by phone for the good stuff.

• 1 month later...
A kind member here gave me this info awhile back:

Dial 1-800-522-7648...listen to the prompts...push 1 for gifts from the Bon Voyage Dept...then when a person gets on the line, ask for Vicki at Ext. 12065.

I just got off the phone with someone else that answered the phone there and she said that everything we could purchase over the phone was listed on the website. I thought you could get bottles of liquor ordering over the phone?:confused: :confused:

I just got off the phone with someone else that answered the phone there and she said that everything we could purchase over the phone was listed on the website. I thought you could get bottles of liquor ordering over the phone?:confused: :confused:

What's the difference in talking to vicki? The lady that answered the phone at carnival said everything I can order is already listed on the website (that means no bottles of liquor, etc. like everyone was saying). I'd like to pre-order anything can, any ideas on this:confused: :rolleyes:

What's the difference in talking to vicki? The lady that answered the phone at carnival said everything I can order is already listed on the website (that means no bottles of liquor, etc. like everyone was saying). I'd like to pre-order anything can, any ideas on this:confused: :rolleyes:

What happened when you asked for extension 12065????? :confused:

I called today, here's some prices, all per liter

Absolute Vodka $40

Captain Morgain Rum $40

Malibu Rum $55 (I tried asking for Parrot Bay too, same with Barcardi Raspberry, but she wasn't quite understanding me)

Tanquery Gin $45 (can't spell!)

Bombay Saphire Gin $55

She said that you can call up to a week before the cruise and they can have it ready. She also mentioned that if it appeared to be children or young people in the cabin, they may card you when delivering (I guess they have access to your reservation?). She said that the bottle just has to stay in the room.

It may be a bit pricey, but it's a heck of a lot easier than sneaking some in and you know you will have it and for me, it's still cheaper than a 2 week bar tab :)

Lisa

WOW....personally those prices are out there...

Captain Morgans 1 Litre cost us $9.99 on the ship last year. $40 for a liter? Come on! Malibu I think was the same price for a liter...(believe me, both came home with me)

But if you want it available, I guess you do what you have to do...

WOW....

What happened when you asked for extension 12065????? :confused:

Thats my question, I actually just asked the first lady that answered the phone (didn't know different people, different answers) and her answer surprised me so much I just thanked her and got off the phone. What is the deal with extension 12065? This is starting to sound a little strange :rolleyes:

When I ordered in April, the first lady that answered I simply said "I want to order a bottle of alcohol delivered to my cabin please" and she took the order herself??? I wonder if this has all changed, because I was going to do it again for Sept :confused:

Archived