Pre-order alcohol from Carnival !!!!!!!!!!

lrcruising

I think I'm going to pre-order on my Carnival. I called their Bon Voyage department.

Full retail off the ship for 1 Liter bottles of the brands they sell would be $81 including tax. Price for the same brands, purchased thru Bon Voyage on the ship, is $125... a $45 premuim, and I don't have to pack it, carry it, or hide it. It can sit right out there on the counter, next to the ice, so I can pour when I want.

I will be bringing a bottle of Triple-Sec and Sweet & Sour since they don't sell this, to mix with my cabin Booze.

it is so much easier to pre-order liquor (DH gets beer).

What about ordering beer by the case.. or do you have to order 4 at a time..:D (this is for Carnival.. I know the quoted OP was talking about Princess and Hal)

Read right over garfus1's post.. ON the same wavelength :)

I will be bringing a bottle of Triple-Sec and Sweet & Sour since they don't sell this, to mix with my cabin Booze.

Nice call, I would've completely forgot about that, and this stuff is small enough to fit in a carry on to make sure it doesn't break:p

Lisa

Where can I find a wine list? Sounds like a great idea,,,, I too hesitate to try to smuggle stuff on board, not worth the embarrassement.

Hey Shirley, you are allowed to bring on wine... you don't have to smuggle it... you can also order wine directly from Carnival's website! :D

beer , they said for corona its 4.50 a piece that is high but thtas the same as they charge on board. I am bubble wrapping a 12 pack and putting clear patron tequila in water bottles and beating them out of some of that cost, but again if they did not offer crappy tequila i would of bought it from them even if it was higher but still i have to try to beat them on the beer.

beer , they said for corona its 4.50 a piece that is high but thtas the same as they charge on board. I am bubble wrapping a 12 pack and putting clear patron tequila in water bottles and beating them out of some of that cost, but again if they did not offer crappy tequila i would of bought it from them even if it was higher but still i have to try to beat them on the beer.

wow! that IS high for the beer!! especially when you can get a 12er for $10-13 here in Cali!

are you bubble wrapping bottles or cans?

Putting Patron in water bottles?? :( Ugh... I love my Patron and no way would I put it in a plastic bottle :D I would pack it, in it's original bottle, carefully... Just say no to tequila and plastic :D

so... I'm trying to think this thru.

Let's say I try to bring a couple of 1.75 Liter botles on board in my luggage and I get caught... and they confiscate it. Now I don't have any booze for the cabin. Buying from the bar is probably only a bit more expensive than pre-ordering form Bon Voyage, but a lot more inconvenient.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......... :o

I didn't ask about Tequila when I called, momentary lapse of reason :), they don't have Patron? Had some last night, boy did it taste good, especially after a rough week at work! What kinds did they have? I guess I just figured since they had decent Vokda's & Gin's, they'd have decent Tequila's! I won't go through a litre of that by myself even on a 16 day cruise and I agree with not re-packaging and the original bottle is very odd shaped. UGH & OY!! Guess I'll stick with Vodka and Rum.

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...
Let's say I try to bring a couple of 1.75 Liter botles on board in my luggage and I get caught... and they confiscate it.
We have brought our own before - left it on the counter, shot glass and stirrer sitting right there, even asked for extra glasses - the steward never said a word. Why risk their tip by turning you in. After all - you would know it was them - they are the only ones ont eh ship looking around inside your cabin. If you think it will get taken then just sit it on the shelf in your closet. Someone finds it there and takes it then you have a bigger problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi all - I've been reading this board, and wanted to share what happened this morning when I called Carnival to have a bottle of Whiskey delivered to my room pre-cruise.

I spoke with "Manuel" who said that the only delivery of bottles was from the Bon Voyage dept - and consisted only of "fine wines, and champagnes.

I inquired further about vodka or whiskey, and he flat out said they do not do that, and I could purchase those "drinks" at the bars on the ship.

Am I missing some secret password here? :confused:

Interesting thread. I just got off the NCL Jewel and had pre-ordered a bar setup for our stateroom. Like Carnival, it was not listed on their website. Also, like Carnival, you have to get the right person to order from. We paid $45 each for a bottle of Absolute vodka and Cuervo Gold tequilla. They did not have a list to fax and the selections were very limited. We also had to pay a $6.00 "set-up" fee, the setup consisting of having our bottles waiting in our cabins.

We brought our own mixers and limes. We found it was a nice stress-free way to enjoy booze in our stateroom. Glad to hear Carnival has the same deal. Now, anyone got a phone number to call? :D

Unless they changed a policy since 1/8, Manuel is wrong. I called through the Gifts Dept...liquor doesn't show up on the gifts section of the Carnival website, but I called whatever the phone # was for the Gifts Dept. and had no problem ordering a bottle "for my husband's birthday"..it really was DH's birthday...I just drank more of the vodka than he did. Try again, and hope you don't get Manuel again.

Yeah, i emailed them sometime back just to ask and got quite a rude NO back. Funny that you can get it from the Bon Voyage Department though. I guess each department doesn't know what the other does. It stands to reason that they would though seeing as how wellwhishers does it and makes the money. Why shouldn't Carnival do it and make the money?? I am definitely going to call before my cruise...and if they say no i'll just call wellwishers.

:cool:

Hi all - I've been reading this board, and wanted to share what happened this morning when I called Carnival to have a bottle of Whiskey delivered to my room pre-cruise.

I spoke with "Manuel" who said that the only delivery of bottles was from the Bon Voyage dept - and consisted only of "fine wines, and champagnes.

I inquired further about vodka or whiskey, and he flat out said they do not do that, and I could purchase those "drinks" at the bars on the ship.

Am I missing some secret password here? :confused:

Did you call Carnival or the Bon Voyage Department? Yes, they don't tell you that they have hard liquor. You have to ask, at least I did. I have vodka and rum going to my cabin (both were $40/bottle).

Not sure if you can order a bottle through room service.

It seems to me I read somewhere on this forum that you can order beer, wine, booze etc from an outside company(s) and have it sent to yourself in you cabin. The prices I saw were more expensive than sneaking it on board but less than the cruise line charges.

It seems to me I read somewhere on this forum that you can order beer, wine, booze etc from an outside company(s) and have it sent to yourself in you cabin. The prices I saw were more expensive than sneaking it on board but less than the cruise line charges.

Yeah, people keep mentioning the "wellwishers," which I think is what you're referring to. Does anyone have any more info about the "wellwishers?" Do they deliver hard liquor? If so, does anyone know their prices for rum and vodka or how to contact them?

Archived