Pre-order alcohol from Carnival !!!!!!!!!!

lrcruising

I realize that the alcohol is from the Bon Voyage dept and preordered prior to cruise. However, can you order mid cruise from that dept...say for an engagement that happened while on board and have it delivered to your room?

Yes, you can certainly do that IF you're willing to pay the exorbitant costs involved. I checked into it for my son's cruise last year - and quickly decided I'd have some drink tickets and a bottle of wine in his cabin instead.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't think the price is that high. A liter will serve about 16 nice drinks, maybe a couple more. Devide 16 into 40 and you $2.50 each drink. Where can you go and get a drink today for $2.50? I know the Moose Lodge, that's how much they charge at ours, but there are no Moose Lodges on or near ships.LOL

I played golf with a friend of mine today who sailed on Carnival over Thanksgiving, 2005, and he said he called room service right after he embarked and ordered a bottle of whisky and they brought it to his room. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this?? My wife and I are sailing 04/10 on the Inspiration and could go for a bottle of vodka for the room.

I played golf with a friend of mine today who sailed on Carnival over Thanksgiving, 2005, and he said he called room service right after he embarked and ordered a bottle of whisky and they brought it to his room.

I don't mean to sound too blunt... but I think your buddy told you a big whopper... I mean a big one...:cool:

I tried to order rum from the Bon Voyage department just yesterday and they said they could only do wine and champagne. Has anyone tried this lately? Has there been a policy change since January? Anyone got the number they used to order the booze? Maybe I called the wrong number. So many questions...so few answers. Sorry to be a pest but in the past we've been able to order booze for the room and we'd love to be able to do it again.

Debbie

I know a litre of Grey Goose is $55...

Jiggs, Carnival doesn't have that... I saw that on Princess' gift order site, it's a nice idea, and not a bad price at all!!!!

That price is :eek: til I remember what I pay locally ($32 + tax)

Its still quite a bit more, but not as much as I've paid in hotels, and a lot less than buying by the drink.

I tried to order rum from the Bon Voyage department just yesterday and they said they could only do wine and champagne. Has anyone tried this lately? Has there been a policy change since January? Anyone got the number they used to order the booze? Maybe I called the wrong number. So many questions...so few answers. Sorry to be a pest but in the past we've been able to order booze for the room and we'd love to be able to do it again.

Debbie

Just ordered a bottle of Absolut and a bottle of Bacardi this last Monday. I used 800-522-7648, had no trouble ordering. $40 each

I just talked to the bon voyage department to get prices for a bottle of scotch and a bottle of vodka. They were about $10 - $20 more than I would pay in a liquor store. Too me this is a pretty fair deal cause I don't have to worry about smuggling it in. So I would call back and try again debk3p2

Debbie

Debbie,

I orderd from the Bon Voyage Department with the number listed on Carnival's website (sorry not sure what that number is). I ordered rum and vodka for our room for the New Year's cruise this year back in February and I asked if they had any other types of alcohol besides wine and champagne. I was given a laundry list over the phone of what they have and the prices. You may want to call again and maybe a different rep. will be able to help you.

Thanks for the pricing. I don't think those prices are bad at all, in Washington we pay 35.00 for ltr of Sky Vodka so I think I will pre-order and pack my martini shaker and some lemons :)

Just ordered a bottle of Absolut and a bottle of Bacardi this last Monday. I used 800-522-7648, had no trouble ordering. $40 each

Hmmm. The above is the number I called. Maybe I'll try it again today and see if I get a different answer. Very strange. Thanks so much for the info.

Debbie

:)

Hmmm. The above is the number I called. Maybe I'll try it again today and see if I get a different answer. Very strange. Thanks so much for the info.

Debbie

Debbie...

Check out posting 43 and 45 from this thread...it all depends who answers the phone there...keep trying and you'll get the right person. I forget who I spoke with but it was a lady that was very nice and even faxed me a receipt afterwards. Good luck next call :)

Let us know if you get it worked out too...

Me too! It's "mouthwash" see!? ;)

[ATTACH]15745[/ATTACH]

LOL ... you keep your mouthwash on ice, I see. :) Heh .. I just have to wonder what the cabin steward must have thought seeing that. Did you have any problems with your "mouthwash" appearing back in the bathroom where it's supposed to be? :)

Undrhil

• 2 weeks later...
Did you all know that you can order alcohol (vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc) through Carnival's Bon Voyage program? You can't do it on the website, you have to call and order an alcohol set up for your stateroom. I ordered a bottle of Absolute ( 1 liter ) that will be in my room when I arrive. I also ordered cans of sprite to mix with it for $1.75 each. I know this is a little pricey but this is great for those of you who don't want to sneek alcohol on or pay for every drink that you have onboard. Don't get me wrong, I have smuggled alcohol on plenty of cruises, but it will be nice for once not to worry that my alcohol leaked in my luggage or that it was taken out of my luggage and confiscated. I hope this helps you all to know that you do have an option if you want it.

Has anyone actually tried this yet? I thought carnival had new rules that NO other alcohol or "gifts" will be delivered anymore to rooms other than that pre-ordered on carnivals website. Let me know, Im just wondering if this company is really able to get this stuff to you:rolleyes:

Has anyone actually tried this yet? I thought carnival had new rules that NO other alcohol or "gifts" will be delivered anymore to rooms other than that pre-ordered on carnivals website. Let me know, Im just wondering if this company is really able to get this stuff to you:rolleyes:

I ordered rum and vodka thru Carnival's Bon Voyage at 800-522-7648, and ordered a case of beer thru Wellwishers. I ordered beer before Carnival changed the rules of delivering beer, so I was told it will still be delivered. But if you call 800-522-7648, you should be able to get liquor or beer delivered to your cabin up to one week prior to sailing. I'm not sure, but you may still be able to get "liquor" delivered by other companies, just not beer. Good luck!

Jim Beam , Wild Turkey Segrams Vo, Old Grand Dad $38.00 For 40 Oz.

Gin

Beefeaters -40

Tangeray - 45

That Was As Of 4/28/06 For The Conquest Out Of Galveston

They Bring To Your Cabin When In International Waters.

Just Because of You 1-800-882-9707. Ask for Shelly or her sister Lori. Best prices for in cabin delivery. They have or will get anything you want. Daveh.

:rolleyes: I thought carnival stopped allowing this? You have to order through Bon voyage now and I've heard sometimes they wont do it. ANYONE who has recently or will soon be expecting a delivery from Bon Voyage on board, please let me know if you get it. Im wondering if anyone working on the ship would have a problem with this.

I just got off the phone with a wonderful gal from the Bon dept and this is some of the pricing....

Smirnoff Vodka $40.00, Absolute 40.00, Kettle One 60.00, Grey Goose 60.00, Belvedere 60.00, Stoli 40.00. Tonic water 1.86 per can. Can you tell I drink Vodka :)

Also on the wine I asked if there were any specials and this is what I got: The first bottle of wine that you pre-order is regular price, the second bottle is 10% disc, the third and every bottle after that is 15% off! YIPPIE, so I ordered 6 bottles of wine as well. She was also sweet enough that I paid full price for the cheapest bottle that I ordered and she discounted all the others.

Hope this helped a bit..........I think I am set for the trip now.

I just got off the phone with a wonderful gal from the Bon dept and this is some of the pricing....

Smirnoff Vodka $40.00, Absolute 40.00, Kettle One 60.00, Grey Goose 60.00, Belvedere 60.00, Stoli 40.00. Tonic water 1.86 per can. Can you tell I drink Vodka :)

Also on the wine I asked if there were any specials and this is what I got: The first bottle of wine that you pre-order is regular price, the second bottle is 10% disc, the third and every bottle after that is 15% off! YIPPIE, so I ordered 6 bottles of wine as well. She was also sweet enough that I paid full price for the cheapest bottle that I ordered and she discounted all the others.

Hope this helped a bit..........I think I am set for the trip now.

Yeah, but I keep hearing that all this is delivered at dinner, not kept in your room. did she tell you that this is stuff you can pre order to have in the room?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived