Silver Junior suites

Having just read Jim and Helens page about the Silver Junior suite perks it left us feeling a bit disappointed.

So I phoned our Cruise agent. Told him all the advertising for this cruise in the UK stated we would be using the coastal kitchens for our evening meal only.Very nice we thought.

He rang RCCL who said no we are not. So we are no longer having our evening meal in a specialty restaurant,instead we are in the main dining room. Nor are we using the Silver lounge.

I still cannot find out if we get the free bottled water.we are in  10238 Pete and Val from Chesterfield England and we are also  Diamond members.

Hi Pete and Val, 

Yes we are in the same situation. I booked a Silver Junior suite on the May 4th cruise as we enjoyed dining in Coastal Kitchen on the Ovation and we wrongly now it seems assumed we would be having our meals in the Silver dining area. I  e mailed Royals customer service when I saw on our cruise docs we had been assigned main dining at 8pm.

They eventually replied that on the non Chinese cruises there will be no Silver or Gold dining and we will be in the main dining room. I forwarded the info to my travel agent who got conflicting information from different departments from Royal after being on hold for ages, She suggested I e mailed the executive office mbayley@rccl.com with my concerns which I did on Monday but so far have not received a reply. 

I am very disappointed about this although I expect  folks who paid a lot of money for the Golden suites will be even more annoyed. 

Wow I specifically paid extra money for a silver suite so that we could eat in the silver dining room, have access to the solarium and enjoy a private bar\ lounge. Now I find out no restaurant, solarium is for anyone over 18, and we have to share our lounge with all D level passengers. With the extra money I paid, what exactly are the benefits am I receiving!? 

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, Ilikebigboats said:

Wow I specifically paid extra money for a silver suite so that we could eat in the silver dining room, have access to the solarium and enjoy a private bar\ lounge. Now I find out no restaurant, solarium is for anyone over 18, and we have to share our lounge with all D level passengers. With the extra money I paid, what exactly are the benefits am I receiving!? 

Junior suites across Royal are now just glorified balconies... they have been devalued while the remaining suites have been increased in price and amenities.  The one "bonus" of any junior suite is that you do still get the extra points so you can increase status faster (but is that really worth it... I don't know).