Deluxe Drinks Package - are gratuities also charged on bill

Faye G

Hi all,

Just want to ensure I know in advance.... I've bought the deluxe drinks package.  Am I right to assume that there is also 18% additional gratuities charged to the room each time I get a drink?  I have paid the standard gratuities within the booking (around £320-ish for 2) but I don't think this covers drinks grats, does it?

Also, apart from any obvious charges like room service or similar are there any other charges I should be aware of that I might not expect.   This is my first cruise so I don't really know what to expect.

Thank you

Faye

Is your cruise in the UK/EU or over in the US?

With the drink package in the US the 18% beverage gratuity is added when the package is purchased.  On board when ordering a drink with the drink package you might be presented a zero bill to sign and there is a line to add even more gratuity but you don't have to. 

UK residents can sometimes get the package bundled into the cruise cost.  My understanding is that beverage gratuity is also included in this case.   

The daily service fee added to your account each day is the only other charge to be aware of but you have indicated you prepaid those.  

If you buy things in the shops on board you may have VAT added if it is a cruise in the EU.  For a cruise in the Caribbean there is no VAT for on board purchases.  

• Like 1

Hi twangster - its from the UK ... 15th June Indy - Italian Med cruise.... thank you for the info.

Norwich cruiser... that's reassuring, hopefully it will be the same.   Thank you for replying.

Regards

Faye x