Cunard - Q5/Q6 Queens Grille Suite cabin occupancy

gt834162

Does anyone know why Cunard do not allow 3rd guest occupancy of the Q5/Q6 grade suites yet they do for other smaller cabins.

The reason for the question is that we will now have a 17 month old daughter with us.

Thanks in advance

Nick

20 hours ago, gt834162 said:

Does anyone know why Cunard do not allow 3rd guest occupancy of the Q5/Q6 grade suites yet they do for other smaller cabins.

The reason for the question is that we will now have a 17 month old daughter with us.

Thanks in advance

Nick

If you are checking availability on the Cunard website, then you may indeed be encountering an issue with the website as cruiseluvva suggested.

I just found one instance where I could start a booking for a "Queens Suite" (Q5/Q6) on the Cunard website and it would accept either 2 or 4 passengers but not 3. After selecting 4 passengers, I could request "Change number of guests" and it would then accept 3 passengers.

Not surprising to learn of a bug like this with the new website given the number of other issues with the new website that have been discussed elsewhere in this forum.

28 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

If you are checking availability on the Cunard website, then you may indeed be encountering an issue with the website as cruiseluvva suggested.

I just found one instance where I could start a booking for a "Queens Suite" (Q5/Q6) on the Cunard website and it would accept either 2 or 4 passengers but not 3. After selecting 4 passengers, I could request "Change number of guests" and it would then accept 3 passengers.

Not surprising to learn of a bug like this with the new website given the number of other issues with the new website that have been discussed elsewhere in this forum.

Ah yes, another 'feature' of the buggy Cunard web site. 

1 hour ago, Bigmike911 said:

1 hour ago, Bigmike911 said:

Certainly ongoing! All today I have been trying to “select a room” on a voyage for next year, but all I get is “please try again later”. It seems there is nothing else to do but go via a travel agent or phone Cunard and possibly wait for ages to be connected to an advisor🙁.

3 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

Certainly ongoing! All today I have been trying to “select a room” on a voyage for next year, but all I get is “please try again later”. It seems there is nothing else to do but go via a travel agent or phone Cunard and possibly wait for ages to be connected to an advisor🙁.

I've seen that "please try again later" message appear when attempting to use the room selector on a cabin category that only has "guarantee" availability. That may not be what's happening in your case though for a voyage next year. In any case, that's not a particularly helpful message with no further explanation given about what is going on. If there is only guarantee availability, one can keep trying again later attempting to select a cabin and nothing will work any differently unless/until a specific cabin becomes available to book in that category.

7 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

I think getting a travel agent on the horn is the best idea. Let the TA put Cunard through their paces. Maybe them the will understand that their web site is a customer looser, not a winner.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, gt834162 said:

Thanks in advance

Nick

We have often had this issue with third guest occupancy.  If the room is not showing as allowing a third guest on the deck plan, then you may not have much joy.  Even if the plan does show that a third guest is allowed in the room, they still might not let you book it for three.  It’s something to do with the number of people they are allowed to carry on board. I have tried to argue this with them over the phone on numerous occasions, to no avail.

It it also depends on the ship ... there are a lot more 3/4 berth cabins on the smaller ships than on QM2.

Is your 17 month old in a bed or a cot? Does a cot count as 3rd person? Just curious 🙂