Norwegian 14 day British Isles may 16th 2020

Krisk88

Whats up everyone! So we are gong on the Norwegian Jade European cruise in May of 2020 for our honeymoon.  We are leaving from Amsterdam.  One of their free by sea promotions we got was free airfare.  We want to go in a day early so we can explore the area in Amsterdam.  Norwegian said they will fly us out a day early as long as we book the hotel through them... Its the crown plaza in Amsterdam.  The only thing is.. it costs $510 a night.  Has anyone ever used hotel points to pay for the hotel?  Norwegian said I couldn't do it but I'm wondering if anyone has?  Thanks!

I am on this cruise in 6 weeks. We were not offered the airfare from our city so we booked by ourselves. Rooms in Amsterdam were pretty pricey from my search. I ended up booking at the Hilton Doubletree right next to Central Station which is also walkable to the pier for about $450. I used points, however, which I also used for airfare. Its a good location for sightseeing but we get in the day before at 4 pm. A lot of flights I looked at from the US arrive later in the afternoon like that so watch that when they say "day before". We could not have safely made a day of flight. 

Edited by Wheeling TravelingMom