Passion Island

c-leg5

I can't help with Royal-specific info, but you can get a Passion Island excursion through ShoreExcursioneer. "Cozumel Jet Boat Fun and Passion Island All Inclusive Beach Excursion;" the catamaran version of this tour was not available on ShoreExcursioneer though.

My upcoming cruise that stops in Cozumel is through Carnival, and this excursion is only available through Carnival for me, but it doesn't look like Royal has the same restriction.

2 hours ago, lab_love123 said:

I can't help with Royal-specific info, but you can get a Passion Island excursion through ShoreExcursioneer. "Cozumel Jet Boat Fun and Passion Island All Inclusive Beach Excursion;" the catamaran version of this tour was not available on ShoreExcursioneer though.

My upcoming cruise that stops in Cozumel is through Carnival, and this excursion is only available through Carnival for me, but it doesn't look like Royal has the same restriction.

Thank you! 

I had seen the jet boat but we are traveling with a little one and elderly so would prefer the catamaran. 

I am wondering if there is a problem with the contract for the catamaran as I am not finding it even to book independently. I don’t think Royal is as restrictive as Carnival and while we don’t normally take ship excursions in this case it would probably be easier as the transport would probably leave from International pier.

Edited by c-leg5

Royal does not go there anymore but you can use Shore Excursion Group  website to get there. They have a jet boat one, a jeep trip there, and a regular one that we have done once, and will be doing again in June. The regular one we went on was just 3 of us and they put us in a small taxi that drove us out to the boat to cross the lagoon. It was a interesting drive in the small taxi and the bumpy dirt road. The one we are doing in June has 5 of us so I am expecting a bigger vehicle this time. Do know you will need a taxi to get to the Punta Langosta Cruise Pier as Royal docks at the International Pier. You will also need one back, but the taxi that was taking us back to the Punta Langosta Cruise Pier drove us all the way back to Royals dock for a few extra dollars.

1 hour ago, soundman10f said:

Royal does not go there anymore but you can use Shore Excursion Group  website to get there. They have a jet boat one, a jeep trip there, and a regular one that we have done once, and will be doing again in June. The regular one we went on was just 3 of us and they put us in a small taxi that drove us out to the boat to cross the lagoon. It was a interesting drive in the small taxi and the bumpy dirt road. The one we are doing in June has 5 of us so I am expecting a bigger vehicle this time. Do know you will need a taxi to get to the Punta Langosta Cruise Pier as Royal docks at the International Pier. You will also need one back, but the taxi that was taking us back to the Punta Langosta Cruise Pier drove us all the way back to Royals dock for a few extra dollars.

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying you took a taxi to Punta Langosta and then another one to the small boat that crosses the lagoon? Why not take one taxi all the way from International?  

Not sure it is worth the added time for travel just for a beach day with a child. We will probably just do Chankanaab or Playa Mía. We usually do adult-only excursions so have several options available (including the two Mayan parks) that we have never done with the grandkids! I wouldn’t  consider Passion Island for ourselves but I thought the boat ride might have been fun. What time did the transport leave Punta Langosta?

I have seen the other options just wondered why they had stopped the big boat directly from the pier.

Edited by c-leg5

Not sure why Royal does not do Passion Island trips anymore, never could get a answer when I asked. You have to take a taxi to Punta Langosta as that is where the excursion starts. You meet your tour guide there. The might have put us in another taxi because we were the only ones doing that excursion that day. They did have another group who did the Jeep trip to Passion Island that day that got to the lagoon shortly after us. We love Passion Island but it is getting annoying trying to get there from Royal ships.

32 minutes ago, soundman10f said:

Not sure why Royal does not do Passion Island trips anymore, never could get a answer when I asked. You have to take a taxi to Punta Langosta as that is where the excursion starts. You meet your tour guide there. The might have put us in another taxi because we were the only ones doing that excursion that day. They did have another group who did the Jeep trip to Passion Island that day that got to the lagoon shortly after us. We love Passion Island but it is getting annoying trying to get there from Royal ships.

Thanks for your insight. I will keep watching in case it returns sometime.