Favorite Neighborhood to Stay in Rome?

charity709

13 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've currently got no plans to visit Rome this year and it's making me a little crazy. Granted, I have three other lovely trips planned, but still trying to figure out how to squeeze in a visit. 

I actually had to PAY $600 this year in taxes (I've usually received $x00 in refunds before), so any vacations are put in hold.  I figure, if I had to pay this year, I'll be paying next year since I have nothing to change on my withholding...  This year is a little trip in a couple of weeks to Florida - my BFF is letting me stay in her beach cottage for free, I'm using FF miles to fly there.  Only have food to pay - I see tuna fish and ramen as my main dinners 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:34 AM, Daisyloo said:

Each time we have been in Rome we have stayed in the Monti district and found it very convenient.  We walked from Termini with our luggage after getting off the train from the airport.  Ten minutes to the hotel.  We walked to the Colosseum from the hotel in less than 10 minutes.  The only place we didn't walk to was The Vatican - we took the subway there.  

We love the Monti district- it's a vibrant people friendly place.  Lots of nice restaurants and shops.  Our hotel was on a little side street just off Via Cavour (busy main street), but it was really nice and quiet.

We are looking in this area too, thanks so much for the review. I was thinking the same thing, so walkable!