Teens on October transatlantic

jondriver

Hi,

Are there normally many teens on these?

We are considering the October 2020 transatlantic on Britannia, travelling with our teenage daughter as our schools get a 2 week October break but am a little concerned she may be the only one aboard. Has anyone been on one of these or booked on the same cruise with a teenager? 

Hi we are doing october 2019 transatlantic with our 14 year old daughter

Also on the same cruise 2 teens from her old school are going so i reckon there will be quite a few teens

I know when i tried a dummy booking last year the website would not allow us as there were the maximum allowed on board in my daughters age group

2 hours ago, Daddyglove said:

Hi we are doing october 2019 transatlantic with our 14 year old daughter

Also on the same cruise 2 teens from her old school are going so i reckon there will be quite a few teens

I know when i tried a dummy booking last year the website would not allow us as there were the maximum allowed on board in my daughters age group

Thank you daddyglove that’s reassuring. I know a lot of school now get the 2 weeks so hopefully it will be popular.  

Always wanted to do a transatlantic cruise. 

6 hours ago, jondriver said:

Hi,

Are there normally many teens on these?

We are considering the October 2020 transatlantic on Britannia, travelling with our teenage daughter as our schools get a 2 week October break but am a little concerned she may be the only one aboard. Has anyone been on one of these or booked on the same cruise with a teenager? 

A very good assessment of how many  teenagers (13 to 17) will be on board can be obtained by phoning P&O at Carnival House and asking for the demographics of the children's clubs.  They are usually happy to disclose the basic numbers in each club as data and obviously the nearer sail date the more accurate the figures are.

Regards John

6 hours ago, john watson said:

A very good assessment of how many  teenagers (13 to 17) will be on board can be obtained by phoning P&O at Carnival House and asking for the demographics of the children's clubs.  They are usually happy to disclose the basic numbers in each club as data and obviously the nearer sail date the more accurate the figures are.

Regards John

Thank you John. I’ll try giving them a call. 

19 hours ago, amfc_lenny said:

There were a few small groups of teenagers on our TA on Britannia in Oct 18. But certainly not a large number.

Thank you amfc_lenny 

shes quite sociable so only needs a few others to hopefully make friends. 

Thanks for you

On 4/26/2019 at 6:34 AM, jondriver said:

Thank you John. I’ll try giving them a call. 

Excellent advice John. Called them and they advised there’s already 12 booked which they say is a good ratio for a sailing 18months away. 

We have been on several transatlantic crossings and not seen many teens, they have been in the kids club or if old enough the teen zone. Another thing that can effect numbers is if there are offers for kids go free or for a pond, this is a good way for the cruise line to fill 3 and 4 berth cabins.

Edited by yorkshirephil

2 hours ago, jondriver said:

Thanks for you

Excellent advice John. Called them and they advised there’s already 12 booked which they say is a good ratio for a sailing 18months away. 

Good show, phone again two months ahead of departure and this increased number will cheer up your own teenagers  even more.  The 18 and 19 year olds are too old for the clubs, not in their tally therefore as considered adults.

Regards John