Grand Africa Voyage 2020, Holland America Line

CruznRagtop

Grand Africa 2020 cruise is 79 days, October 3 embarkation and December 21 disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale (also possible to embark in Fort Lauderdale).

Itinerary includes:

Portugal

Morocco

Spain 

Tunisia

Malta

Suez Canal

Jordan

Oman

Seychelles

Kenya

Tanzania

Mayotte

Madagascar

Mozambique

South Africa

Namibia

Angola

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Gambia

Senegal

Cape Verde

Puerto Rico

with 2 days in Aqaba (Petra)

"      "   "       " Mombasa     and

"     3   "       " Cape Town.

The voyage is not yet appearing on HAL's website, but a representative on their World Cruise and Grand Voyages department told me today in a telephone conversation that bookings would open to the general public at the end of May.

A roll call has not yet been established to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,

Dee

cruznragtop@gmail.com

The Grand Africa will definitely be on Ms Amsterdam.  We spent 56 days on her during the 2018 Grand Asia cruise.  A very lovely ship.   There were two water color classes , 9 am and 1 pm, an arts and craft class at 2:30 and several other games.   Many times you had to pick and choose your activities.  We had very good lectures and port guide lectures.     As of last year they still had washers and dryers for anyone wishing to do their own laundry.   Many of us are just trying to wait patiently for the complete itinerary.   I have done some research and have found good tour guides in a few of the ports.

Happy Sailing!!    (Visiting the grandchildren and have to read a book to the 3 year old)

We put a future cruise deposit for the Grand Africa.  This will be our first grand voyage.  We're hoping to do a Safari from Maputo and return to the ship in Cape Town.  Some friends did a similar trip while on a WC segment last year that they booked independently and their photos looked amazing.  

39 minutes ago, Double D Cruisers said:

We also have a "future dam" deposit.  Our agent is guessing HAL may not allow actual bookings until late May or early June.

I was told by the World Cruise/Grand Voyages desk that the people that have a future dam will be notified about a week before the itinerary is public.  They said end of may.  I hope it's correct.

Mary

When I started this thread, I had posted that the representative I had spoken to in HAL's World Cruise and Grand Voyages department had told me bookings for the general public would open at the end of May.  I called Thursday afternoon, got a different representative in the same department, and she repeated what her colleague had told me last week.  My TA has made a note to check on Friday, May 31 with the HAL World Cruise and Grand Voyages department and telephone me with the result of his inquiry.  Of course I realize some of you may have information earlier, so I'll check back here as time permits.

As of yesterday afternoon HAL may not need to post this voyage on their website because of the number of "Future Dam Booking Fall Grand Africa" reservations they already have.  The representative to whom I spoke informed me this reservations list numbers "in the hundreds."  Contact will be made via email to either the guest or his or her travel agent "at the end of May."

When buying a Future Dam Booking Fall Grand Africa reservation, the representative told me a guest should specify the stateroom category and three preferred stateroom numbers.

If anyone wants or needs a complete listing of the ports of call, please let me know.

This is not the roll call for this cruise.  As of yet HAL has not released the official cruise.  We are a bunch of cruisers who are trying to learn as much about the itinerary as we can from each other.  When HAL releases the cruise I am sure someone will start a roll call on the HAL roll call board.  In the mean time keep posting what you are learning from your PCC or your TA.   Very exciting!!  Can hardly wait until the end of May.  

Happy Sailing!!

After speaking to Karen in the World Cruise and Grand Voyages Department of HAL on Tuesday afternoon, I believe those who have a Future Dam Certificate for the Fall 2020 Grand Africa will be notified by HAL or his or her travel agent beginning Monday, June 3.