Britannia Club or Princess Grill on QM2?

Low Country Sandlapper

On 5/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Host Hattie said:

There is a diamond symbol on Grills cruise cards but I think it's unlikely that it could be seen by a casual observer in the theatre or Illuminations.

It's much easier to detect one's CWC status, particularly the first-time red stripe cruisers. 🙂

Edited by Underwatr

3 hours ago, harpy3 said:

We did two TAs in 2017.  We were in Grills and for the shows in the evening there was a roped off early-seating area for Grills passengers (at least those Princess and Queens) but never saw or experienced that for any other event on the ship.

I don't doubt what you saw, but I've never seen this on my sailings.  Yours is the only mention that I've seen of this practice.  Perhaps there was an outcry and it was quickly abandoned?  I must admit that I've not attended many of the big production shows but tend to gravitate towards the small ensemble performances.

55 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

It's much easier to detect one's CWC status, particularly the first-time red stripe cruisers. 🙂

Interesting you should mention this, since I noticed a change in the "platinum" stripes on my cards for QM2 between the recent April 21 eastbound crossing and the subsequent April 28 westbound crossing. I booked those as two separate voyages, so was issued two separate cards.

My first card (for the April 21 eastbound crossing) had this style of stripe which I was used to from previous voyages.

image.png.74cedec9e41d6d1e06735bbf87165add.png

My second card (for the April 28 westbound crossing) had this stripe.

image.png.7761fb3cdf99160e8951effb379fceb7.png

Still relatively easy to distinguish the various colors. Just a bit more subtle with the new stripe style of the second card.

And for whatever reason, a first-timer at our table on the second crossing had a card with a red stripe that was still in the more obvious old style.

Now of course I have taken this thread wildly off topic, but I thought this apparent change to the card stripe style might be of some slight general interest.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BlueRiband said:

I don't doubt what you saw, but I've never seen this on my sailings.  Yours is the only mention that I've seen of this practice.  Perhaps there was an outcry and it was quickly abandoned?  I must admit that I've not attended many of the big production shows but tend to gravitate towards the small ensemble performances.

Just to clarify:  I didn't "see" I took part in as we were in the Grills.  And it wasn't a huge area  

and, as I said, it was just in the evening for the big production shows.  See no reason for an outcry.  Most things are the same for everyone; however, there are a few perks for those who pay the higher fare.