Allure fitness center

On 4/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, mspect462 said:

Yes, there are showers. The women’s showers are nice and MUCH larger than the room showers. 

Hmm where are there showers in the Fitness Center? There are restrooms to the right of the Consultation booths but I don't recall any showers in them. If you're referring to the Spa locker rooms, those are ONLY for guests that have Thermal Suites access, I know that for a FACT because I tried to use them and that was what I was told.

Edited by kwokpot

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Hmm where are there showers in the Fitness Center? There are restrooms to the right of the Consultation booths but I don't recall any showers in them. If you're referring to the Spa locker rooms, those are ONLY for guests that have Thermal Suites access, I know that for a FACT because I tried to use them and that was what I was told.

This could be the typical variance that is endemic on Royal ships, but others have reported being able to use those showers on Oasis class ships without paying the access fee.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

This could be the typical variance that is endemic on Royal ships, but others have reported being able to use those showers on Oasis class ships without paying the access fee.

I was on the Allure on 2/24/19 so my experience is current. My last Oasis class ship was the Oasis in '10 and yes, you were able to use the Spa Locker Rooms without a Thermal suite pass at that time. That's why I tried it the first day when I went to workout. I did notice that the previous hallway that connected the Fitness Center area to the circular staircase was closed off, so you had to come back out of the area that's to the left of the Spa Reception Desk and cross over to the right into the Spa area and negotiate the stairs. At the foot of the stairs on the lower level there's a desk and attendant where you pickup the locker keys. That's where I was told the policy. Since this was embarkation day the attendant was gracious enough to allow my to use the lockers (I brought my gym clothes to change into) that one time since it wasn't busy.  

Edited by kwokpot

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I was on the Allure on 2/24/19 so my experience is current. My last Oasis class ship was the Oasis in '10 and yes, you were able to use the Spa Locker Rooms without a Thermal suite pass at that time. That's why I tried it the first day when I went to workout. I did notice that the previous hallway that connected the Fitness Center area to the circular staircase was closed off, so you had to come back out of the area that's to the left of the Spa Reception Desk and cross over to the right into the Spa area and negotiate the stairs. At the foot of the stairs on the lower level there's a desk and attendant where you pickup the locker keys. That's where I was told the policy. Since this was embarkation day the attendant was gracious enough to allow my to use the lockers (I brought my gym clothes to change into) that one time since it wasn't busy.  

Thanks for the update.  Time will tell if this is a consistent policy change on Oasis class.