Sydney Port for Maasdam - December 23, 2019?

soflalaw

From reading the information on Sydney, it appears that there are 3 different ports where cruise ships dock for embarkation and disembarkation.

My wife and I just booked the 14 day Sydney cruise on the Maasdam, departing on December 23, 2019, and returning in January 6, 2020.

We will need to make hotel reservations for one or more nights before the cruise departs, and want to consider proximity to actual port, amongst other considerations when selecting a hotel.

Does anyone know which port the Maasdam will dock at for this trip?

Edited by soflalaw
Typos.

22 minutes ago, soflalaw said:

From reading the information on Sydney, it appears that there are 3 different ports where cruise ships dock for embarkation and disembarkation.

My wife and I just booked the 14 day Sydney cruise on the Maasdam, departing on December 23, 2019, and returning in January 6, 2020.

We will need to make hotel reservations for one or more nights before the cruise departs, and want to consider proximity to actual port, amongst other considerations when selecting a hotel.

Does anyone know which port the Maasdam will dock at for this trip?

Maasdam will be departing from, and returning to, Sydney's White Bay Cruise Terminal on those days

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/venues/white-bay-cruise-terminal-wbct/

Let me be the first to point out that there are no hotels near White Bay Terminal.  Just look for a hotel that suits your needs in Sydney and then get a cab to White Bay on embarkation day.  That way you can make the most of your time in Sydney.

• Like 2

I concur with Dillpickle.

Going to White Bay means you get to sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge twice. Make sure you are outside and on as high a deck as you can get, its a great experience (and guess what, you won't hit the bridge, but it looks oh so close).

I would recommend a hotel in and around the Rocks/DarlingHarbour. We have booked the Amora Hotel for our next Sydney stay https://www.amorahotels.com/hotels/amora-hotel-jamison-sydney?utm_source=google-local&utm_medium=organic Great location, 5 stars and very reasonably priced. Previously we have stayed at the Mercantile which is a great Irish Pub with accommodation. If you are happy with a basic pub room (no lift and some street noise) in a great pub which is located at the foot of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the Rocks its a great stay (if you like upscale hotels only forget it).

• Like 1

We stayed in the “Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour” last December before our cruise on the Maasdam round Southern Australia. We booked a “premier one bedroom apartment with courtyard view” as they are in the quietest location. Several other people embarking at the White Bay terminal were staying there, and we shared a taxi with another couple. The apartment had a fully equipped kitchen and washer and dryer.

To get there from the airport you can go by cab, but we took the train to Wynyard station from SYD and then followed the Wynyard walk to the hotel (an easy 15 minute walk with our rolling suitcases).

We stayed at the Adina Airport hotel. I think there was a shuttle to the hotel from the airport.  It was a nice hotel and very close to the train station in to Sydney. Easy to do.  There was a nice restaurant at the hotel, and many other restaurants a couple of blocks away. There was also a small market to buy wine to take on the ship. We took a cab to the cruise terminal and it wasn't too expensive.  It was awesome to sail under the bridge. The hotel even kept a suitcase for us, while we travelled for 3 weeks, before returning to Sydney to board the cruise ship.