Edge: Dining Package and Raw on 5

Yoshikitty

Hello,

on Solstice, we could use the Dining Package for Sushi on 5 (order what we wanted and we where covered with the package).

Is that also the case on Edge?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Yoshikitty

1 hour ago, Yoshikitty said:

Hello,

on Solstice, we could use the Dining Package for Sushi on 5 (order what we wanted and we where covered with the package).

Is that also the case on Edge?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you will have a $35 credit PP (same as Sushi on 5).

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks for the fast reply.

paying up to $65 for getting a $35 credit does not sound like a good idea if I understand your reply correctly.

On Solstice, everything that we eat is covered with the dining package - no matter what we eat there and how much. Seems not to be the case on Edge.

If you don‘t mind, I have another question about the complimentary Dining Rooms:

Is the menu there fixed or does in change on a daily basis.

The search function fails to give me example menus though.

thank you very much for replying our questions, we are looking forward to experience the new ship.

Edited by Yoshikitty

5 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

paying up to $65 for getting a $35 credit does not sound like a good idea if I understand your reply correctly.

On Solstice, everything that we eat is covered with the dining package - no matter what we eat there and how much. Seems not to be the case on Edge.

If you don‘t mind, I have another question about the complimentary Dining Rooms:

thank you very much for replying our questions, we are looking forward to experience the new ship.

This flyer shows in the fine print that the $35 is for all ships with Sushi on 5 and Edge for Raw on 5. They may have changed it or maybe some maitre d's allow more than $70 between two people. I wouldn't count on it for every Sushi on 5 experience (I would ask first). I think it should be more too, since it is so much less than the other specialties. 🙂

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Tradeshow_in_a_Box/12029863_CEL_DiningPackages_Pricing_Flyer.pdf

Essentially, the MDR menus are the same as any other Celebrity ship and rotate through the same Celebrity Signature selections daily in each of the 4 MDRs, with a Classic section of Caesar Salad, escargots, French onion soup, steak, chicken, salmon, etc.the same each night. The difference is that there are an additional 3 starters, 3 entrees and 1 dessert that are Exclusives for each restaurant (e.g., Tuscan Exclusives in Tuscan). Those do not rotate and are always the same.

Enjoy!!🙂

Here is a thread with more info and the menus:

8 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

Not sure where your $65 comes from - perhaps a per couple cost. Yes, since they upped the Specialty Restaurant Package prices late last year, their savings is significantly reduced - and in some cases for some restaurants a negative savings. You now have to book at least a 6-night package for the average cost to be less than $35 pp per dinner. And then the average cost is still $34 - only a $1 savings at Raw. The minimum 3-night package has an average cost of $43! Much better to wait and see what discounts you may be able to negotiate on board.

• Like 1

Thanks all.

NC, that‘s exactly what I mean.

we have the 4 night package which brings it down to $41/ each night pp.

If they really give us $35,- credit for the dining package, we lose money against just walking in and ordering a la carte.

We will ask the Maitre d in Raw on Five how they do it and then decide what we do.

thanks again!