Bonnie.. question about transportation from Tarragona to Barcelona on 10/18/19

Sleep7

Hi Bonnie!

We are booked on the 7 day Monte Carlo to Barcelona cruise on The Pursuit sailing on October 12, 2019.

I just realized that on Friday October 18, which is the last full day of the cruise, we don't arrive in Barcelona until 7pm.  The Pursuit spends most of the day in Tarragona and sails for Barcelona at 2pm.  Although there are 2 full day shore excursions that end up in Barcelona, we are really just interested in a transfer from Tarragona to Barcelona in the morning run by Azamara.  It's not currently on the list of shore excursions.  Can you find out if Azamara might offer one?  Paid is of course fine.. it's about an hour ride between the two cities.  I'm sure we are not the only ones who would like to spend that last day in Barcelona and meet the ship there that evening.  Thanks so much for finding out if you can.

Also.. a question that has probably been asked a zillion times.. can we use OBC to book arrival transfers in advance?

Thanks again!😃

Have you thought of getting the train from Tarragona to Barcelona? It's very easy and there are about 40 trains a day. Spanish trains are very reliable. It takes around an hour...the fast trains are 45 mins. Fares are about €5 pp. 

Just an option for you anyway. 

Thanks Bonnie for looking into this for us.. looking forward to seeing if it's a possibility.👌

Hi Lottie! You always have good suggestions.  I did look into the train and it's definitely something we can consider.. just easier to be picked up from the port by a bus transfer.  We have lots of OBC with this cruise so that's why I'm seeing if Azamara might offer one. 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

Thanks Bonnie for looking into this for us.. looking forward to seeing if it's a possibility.👌

Hi Lottie! You always have good suggestions.  I did look into the train and it's definitely something we can consider.. just easier to be picked up from the port by a bus transfer.  We have lots of OBC with this cruise so that's why I'm seeing if Azamara might offer one. 😃

Your idea is warmly received. Our tour developer team is looking into it for you.

Remind me if I haven’t gotten back to you in a week or so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

Thanks for letting me know.. I will remind you in another week if that's OK.😃

P.S. loved your post on movies that take place in the Med.

Sure, remind me in a week. I expect we will know by then.

• 2 weeks later...

No word yet, but that’s not bad news. It takes awhile to set up a new tour...much back and forth between the land operator and our team, then pricing and writing it up for public consumption, and finally uploading online. 

I’ll see where it stands tomorrow. 

P.s. this will be a long weekend so I *hope* to hear tomorrow. If not, it’ll be Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Bonnie!

Any update? I just looked at the shore excursion offerings from Tarragona and nothing new has been added.  Was hoping they would offer a bus transfer "Barcelona on your own" that day.

Thanks so much for looking into this.🙋‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone who is on this cruise (Pursuit leaving Monte Carlo this Saturday 10/12)

I'm answering my own question here..

I just looked at the shore excursions again and Azamara did finally add a transfer from Tarragona to Barcelona on Friday 10/18 at 10:30am for $59 per person.

I just signed up for it! Yay!😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

Hello everyone who is on this cruise (Pursuit leaving Monte Carlo this Saturday 10/12)

I'm answering my own question here..

I just looked at the shore excursions again and Azamara did finally add a transfer from Tarragona to Barcelona on Friday 10/18 at 10:30am for $59 per person.

I just signed up for it! Yay!😃

Thank YOU for the suggestion ❤️

Thanks Sleep 7

We are on this cruise and really looking forward to it. For us, there is so much to see in Tarragona that interests us - the Roman trail is what we are going to be following. Will have to be up early though as the ship leaves at 2pm for Barcelona. https://www.tarragonaturisme.cat/en/routes/roman-route

Can understand why you want to spend more time in Barcelona though and glad that you will have the opportunity now. Look forward to meeting you at the Meet and Mingle on board.

Lynne 😀

Thanks Bonnie!😀

Hi Lynne!  Yes.. I totally agree with lots to see and do in Tarragona.  It will be a wonderful day for you.

I kinda want to get to Barcelona earlier in the day to do some shopping..

Both great ways to spend the last day of our cruise.

See ya on Saturday!

• Like 1