Lack of a Dress Code

Prince

Sky Sweet - I do something like that on longer cruises, I take a long black skirt with different sparkely tops to save on packing space.

Terri

Thank you, Terri, for responding to my post. I think I will keep my gowns at home for shorter cruises :)

I totaly agree, Andrew ( b.t. w perfect name for this thread) . For me it ever was part of a formal ( or whatever ) night, to watch others dresses, how they look, how they fit( sometimes it seems dresses are from ones childhood or high school days and sadly had not grown with people who are wearing them) BUT one does not go upon those people and tell them your thoughts. I don´t want to be rude- I don´t want hurt someones. But honestly who does not like to watch people." See to be seen".

Sailaways- I would have been the one who stands by your side and had the laugh of my live too.

Greetings

with a smile on my face

Michael

Well, as they say in the 'hood, "my peeps got my back!"

To everyone, yes, I have guilty fun at other's expense on occasion, but I do TRY to be a gentleman about it. Where it usually falls down is on these dress code threads. They can get SO serious, and I like to inject a little humor sometimes. Apparently, some take me at my word (nice that you trust me to speak the truth!:) ) and don't see the tongue-in-cheek aspect. For that I am sorry (both because I hate to offend, and because I think my humor is pretty darn funny!:D - of course, you may respectfully disagree;) )

And Phil, when am I going to learn that I should avoid clothing threads????:eek:

Andrew

To everyone, yes, I have guilty fun at other's expense on occasion, but I do TRY to be a gentleman about it. Where it usually falls down is on these dress code threads. They can get SO serious, and I like to inject a little humor sometimes. Apparently, some take me at my word (nice that you trust me to speak the truth!:) ) and don't see the tongue-in-cheek aspect. For that I am sorry (both because I hate to offend, and because I think my humor is pretty darn funny!:D - of course, you may respectfully disagree;) )

And Phil, when am I going to learn that I should avoid clothing threads????:eek:

Andrew

Gee Andrew, I hang on every utterance you make as gospel:D

And you will avoid these threads about the same time as I do

Phil

To everyone, yes, I have guilty fun at other's expense on occasion, but I do TRY to be a gentleman about it. Where it usually falls down is on these dress code threads. think my humor is pretty darn funny! - of course, you may respectfully disagree- Andrew

You are special, and hilarious - Join My "Warped Sense Of Humor Society", Please!

SailAways - sign me up to, cause I just have been laughing my butt off at this discussion. (WeBe-love your dogs name :D )

Andrew, feel free to critique me! I'm hoping to sway the judges by paying for the martini's! And we both know Ed's got Joel covered ;) !

Michael - I'll be next to you and SailAway laughing as well.

Lets all face it, everyone judges others attire, but rarely is it meant to be harmful. And as Andrew and Michael have put it, doing it in silence without being hurtful is harmless and certainly normal. And remember this goes both ways, its not always about a fashion disaster, but can also be with regards to someone dressed wonderfully. I think frequently these boards allow annonymity, so we are more willing to "say whats on our mind" versus what we would actually do when confronted with a real situation.

This is all just in fun, and people should dress to make themselves feel good!

Archived