Southbound

cruisingnewtoit

I'm going on a Celebrity southbound cruise in June 2020 starts in Seaward and ends in Vancouver.

Is it better to be on the Port side.? Right now my cabin is on the Aft deck 11 port side. We are cruising Hubbard glacier and the inside passage. We are going to icy strait point so we are cutting out one scenic day of cruising that others get.

Thanks for the help.

If you look around the board, this question is asked almost daily. There is no one "best" side. You are not locked in your room, you will be out and about, viewing things from all over the ship. The scenery is "big picture...it is all around you, not just on one side.

Southbound with a stop at Hubbard:  we select port cabin, primarily because you are typically get a good view of the mountain range as you cruise to Hubbard (and beyond), which is truly spectacular.  Aft port would probably give you good viewing.

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Southbound with a stop at Hubbard:  we select port cabin, primarily because you are typically closer to the coast as your cruise to Hubbard and the mountain range is truly spectacular.  Aft port would probably give you good viewing.

When we did Vancouver to Vancouver and cruised glacier Bay the captain turned the boat around. I guess the captain will do that for Hubbard but I won't see the mainland if I go Starboard.

I'm more Aft forward. I'm hoping this will avoid the movie noise from the deck above us.

Thanks for the info.

Yup - that was our experience too.  Because we were sailing for some hours south, loved the opportunity to view the mainland vs open waters. Depends on how close your captain brings you as you go, but at least you might have a better viewing opportunity.  We LOVE Hubbard Glacier - it's an overused term, but I think it is awesome! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1