Back from a week on MSC Seaview

sommelier79

Time for a quick review!
Went from 4 to 11, first cruise ever. The ship is massive, I have to say that the pictures do not give the idea of its actual size. 3 full days to learn the exact way to our cabin, The corridor to the cabins reminded me the one in the Overlook Hotel in Shining, a bit creepy and long but after a while I got used to it.
The atrium is magnificent, perfect to attract people, but actually all the parties that were organized there were quite boring to us, we spent most of our evenings chilling and having fun at the Haven's lounge, also thanks to a fantastic Barman and our favourite and friendly waitress, we took a photo with them and we are still in contact.
We liked the shows in the theatre, a good mix of music, art and not easy to do 3 times per day a different show, so high five for the art team.
I've read in some forums British, Americans, Irish and so on complaining about a ship "too Italian" and Italians complaining "it's too international". I am Italian, living in Ireland, I can say that the ship was a good mix of both in terms on spoken languages and activities on board. We enjoyed all the tematic restaurant, and I can say that the Butcher's Cut was my favourite, with the Asian Market just close to it, a bit away the Ocean's Cay but this restaurant will stay in our memories as we got engaged there! (and got Prosecco for free because of that).
Any questions or ideas to share, happy to chat about!
We seriously think to have a cruise for honeymoon now, not sure if on Seaview or with some other ship
Edited by sommelier79
  • Like 3

A quick question, if you are able to help, please.

Did you by any change do the "Rome on your own". I have asked in general before whether anyone knew where the drop off point was in Rome and did not actually get an answer.

Riana

As far as I know the drop off point is at Piazza del Popolo, but I suggest you to take the train from Civitavecchia to Rome S. Pietro, is faster and much much cheaper, return ticket is 9 euro per person. There is a bus from Civitavecchia port to train station which costs 2 euro per person. 

1 hour ago, MeeshaNZ said:

That sounds like a good plan. Any idea what time we would be able to get off the Seaview in Civitavecchia?

The ship arrives at 8 in the morning and leaves at 6pm, all aboard at 5,30 max, so better to leave Rome no later than 3,40pm. Train from Civitavecchia takes around 1 hour and 10 minutes