RCCL "Set Sail" form completed, site says "pending" and I cannot print it

I am post 90 days and completed check in with pictures for all 4 of us. I could view the set sail via the phone and web for several days and then went pending just like everyone else is saying. 

I wonder if this has anything to do with the pictures and verifying that the pictures can be used for facial recognition to go with expedited boarding. 

Or possibly frictionless check in?

5 minutes ago, whoopie said:

Today the travel agent actually processed the final payment and I was able to print the Set Sail passes. Plus I have copies on my phone. 

Glad it worked out and thanks for reporting back.

Well now RCL states there is an IT glitch in my account for which a work ticket has been submitted.  The interesting thing is they can't get to the print option on their end either.  So we will see.  I asked them if they can't print it, how will they print it for us when we arrive at the ship.  I was reassured that then they would manually do it.  Really?!?!?!  So crazy!  No clue what went wrong.  Like I said, we were paid in full in March.  My phone app has our cruise but it can't "yet be accessed".  It's now a matter of irritation and wonder about what else can/will go wrong.  Surely hope this is not an omen of things to come - our first cruise may be our last.  

1 hour ago, cghicks said:

Well now RCL states there is an IT glitch in my account for which a work ticket has been submitted.  The interesting thing is they can't get to the print option on their end either.  So we will see.  I asked them if they can't print it, how will they print it for us when we arrive at the ship.  I was reassured that then they would manually do it.  Really?!?!?!  So crazy!  No clue what went wrong.  Like I said, we were paid in full in March.  My phone app has our cruise but it can't "yet be accessed".  It's now a matter of irritation and wonder about what else can/will go wrong.  Surely hope this is not an omen of things to come - our first cruise may be our last.  

The app won't let you see the details of the cruise until you are closer to the cruise. 

I am sailing next month. I checked in at 90 days and promptly printed my boarding passes. I have logged back in several times and have seen the same message. Other parties with whom we are travelling have the same issue. We booked directly with RCCL. We have never been able to print luggage tags. Today, the message changed to, "Information is currently not available. Please try again later." In 2017, Royal had a problem showing correct account balances well after I checked in. The bad news is that you have to hassle with it, because Royal IT. I wouldn't wait to get to the pier, because Royal IT. The good news is that they pretty routinely have problems with accounts in the period after final payment, and your problem is hitting a lot of us. It will eventually end in a beautiful cruise, where I have found Royal's service to be delightful. Their shoreside ability to get things done? Not so much.

I'm going to vent for just a minute about Royal Caribbean customer service, because that makes me feel better. After that, I will report what I discovered in the event it is helpful to anyone else. If you want the actual helpful part of this post, just skip to Step 2.

For Step 1.... ARRRRGGGHHHHHH I hate having to pick up the phone and call someone in Miami. It is the absolute runaround. GAAAHHHHHHRRRRGGHHHH train your people in giving consistent information. And, for the love of all that's good, when I ask to speak to a supervisor please let me do it. That call was altogether longer than it needed to be, and in the absence of persistence on my part would have resulted in not getting the problem resolved. Rant over.

For Step 2... I have the same problem as the original poster. My reservation still says pending. What's funny is that I already have Set Sail passes. I had logged in to get luggage tags, and I cannot get those and no longer have access to the boarding passes. At one point, I had The Key. I cancelled it a month or so ago because my cost-benefit analysis changed. They properly refunded my money, and I am financially whole. However, something in their system backfired and shows that I still have a balance. Happily, that didn't kill the reservation as we are well after final payment. It did, however, mean that I can no longer print off documents. So if this problem is happening to you, it is worth checking whether you have cancelled any secondary packages (drinks, internet, The Key, whatever). It may be that their financial IT is such that they believe you owe them money. They have to send a ticket to IT, and it will take 10 days to fix. However, it will take them several attempts to find that information. You may save yourself considerable hassle by simply asking if the relevant package shows in their system as having been properly refunded.

THIS.  IS.  CRAZY!  Coincidentally with the email that indicated your (PetroPlex) post today, I simultaneously received an email from RC that my documents were now available (we sail on Friday) AND an email from the last representative that had responded to my daily emails (and I've been on the phone with at least 4 different reps over the past few weeks - never got the same information twice, as you state) to follow through with her promise of monitoring the IT ticket as it moved through - Courtney D. deserves a raise/promotion and a HUGE thank you from me!  (I too had asked to speak to a supervisor, but that was my last call and she is the one that actually told me that a work ticket would be submitted (which I doubted....) and then confirmed with an email that it was going to take a few days so I didn't push more)

Then when I read your Step 2, I realized that is exactly what happened with us!  We paid for our cruise months ago.  In the meantime I was adding excursions and packages - one of which was the Key which I later cancelled for the same reason as you.  But would never have guessed that to be the problem - and apparently the customer service reps didn't think/know of it either.  I jubilantly called my husband to say "we're in!" and he then told me the above named rep had also called us at home to inform us of the solution - and she told him about the glitch on our account indicating we "owed" a balance.  So now that WE know what the issue is, maybe Royal Caribbean can fix it so it doesn't happen to anyone else - but at least it's now out on this forum in case someone stumbles across these messages.  Happily have passes and luggage tags in hand.  We fly to Seattle tomorrow so it was perfect timing.

Thankyou for sharing your experience - this doesn't appear to be an isolated issue and it's surprising that such a large enterprise hasn't fixed it - but I haven't been hugely impressed with their website as I've tried to navigate back and forth in my account and trying to find info and contacts etc.