Gluten free pasta and pizza

Elephant1151

I do not eat lots of pasta  or pizza but onboard once a week like to partake. The  chef on the pasta bar on QV is great, he requires 24 hours notice to make a pizza or a pasta dish, however lasagne is not available so I usually have to settle for pasta in bolognese sauce.  Recently on QM2 I did get spaghetti at lunch with a short waiting time when they had lost my order.

We have a couple of long voyages booked I am considering taking some lasagna sheets onboard at Southampton to add variety but would like to know if QE has a good range of gluten free pasta as we have not been onboard her for 3 years.  I will also try contacting Southampton to see if the range can be extended.

Overall the gluten free options are excellent and I usually have no problems selecting somethong off the menu.  I try to avoid desserts so no problem there.

Yes they have a good range of GF pasta even had lasagne on a recent voyage. We ate in Britannia Club. They will present a menu the night before and if you have a special request or are eating in a different venue (ie Golden Lion Pub for fish and chips), they can plan for that too. We had a variety of desserts so if others are interested, there are many options. I think only once or twice an accommodation could not be made. 

It is a possibility when I do a long cruise in January that I may take some lasagne sheets. I am on QE later this year and will see if there are more gluten free pastas on offer, I have requested more choices on previous cruises.