Palma first day on Dream

Hi All.

I have a question regarding our first day when we board. We are on a 7 night cruise aboard the Dream starting in Palma. When we booked it mentioned time on this day to explore Palma, but I couldn't see how as we will be met at the airport and coached to the boat.

However having read a few bits and pieces on here, is there a shuttle service from the boat during that first day? 

We certainly hope so as would enjoy the chance to enjoy a bit of Palma. Can anyone here please help?

Many thanks in advance!

It all depends what time you arrive but we were on the ship for lunch last  September. We left the ship and took the no.1 bus into Palma, it turns up left before the cathedral but don't  worry just get off when everyone else does! We walked to the cathedral passing shops and cafes on the way.  We decided to walk back to the ship but it's quite a way so we ended up catching a passing bus. I seem to recall the fare was around 1.5 euros. Enjoy your cruise

We did a two week itinerary which started and finished in Palma. On our second week on changeover day tui put on coaches that dropped us off opposite the cathedral and these buses run every half hour. As I remember we went into Palma mid afternoon about three o clock and returned back to the ship around six thirty.

I suppose it all depends on what time you board the ship and of course the timing of the muster drill.

As Dronnygirl has mentioned the ship is usually docked right at the far end of the port I would estimate at least a one mile walk probably more.

Edited by Brummijam
Spooling

14 hours ago, Mannamead17 said:

Hi All.

I have a question regarding our first day when we board. We are on a 7 night cruise aboard the Dream starting in Palma. When we booked it mentioned time on this day to explore Palma, but I couldn't see how as we will be met at the airport and coached to the boat.

However having read a few bits and pieces on here, is there a shuttle service from the boat during that first day? 

We certainly hope so as would enjoy the chance to enjoy a bit of Palma. Can anyone here please help?

Many thanks in advance!

We only had a shuttle service on the one occasion we berthed at the far dock (on D2 not Dream).  Dream usual docks at the Estacion Maritimo opposite the Auditorium and no shuttles have been provided on the numerous occasions we have docked there but it is only a short walk to a nearby bus stop or there are plenty of taxis waiting outside the cruise terminal. 

Remember that you have to be back on board in time for the compulsory safey drill.