How to disembark early

DerekDun8

We just returned from Radiance last week and chose the Express Walk Off option. No luggage tags. You keep you luggage in your room and must be able to carry it off yourself.

We thought the option worked great. The call for express walk off was at 7:50am. You can be off the ship really early with this option.

Scott

The risks are relatively low in my mind, but it depends on your threshold. The ship could always return to MIA late, or there could be a lot of non US citizens on board that slow the clearing process, or the Express Departure process could just be poorly run.

The risks are relatively low in my mind, but it depends on your threshold. The ship could always return to MIA late, or there could be a lot of non US citizens on board that slow the clearing process, or the Express Departure process could just be poorly run.

Are a lot of people using the Express Departure, as to where it could get confusing and congested at times? We have a 16 hour road trip to get back home and I was wondering if this would be worth it to us to get an earlier start. :confused:

De

You are required to sign up for the express departure service, and the number of passengers allowed to use this option in limited. We did not use it, but that is what was on the literature in our room.

You are required to sign up for the express departure service, and the number of passengers allowed to use this option in limited. We did not use it, but that is what was on the literature in our room.

Thanks again! :) We'll look into it when we are onboard.

De

You must be a US citizen with proper immigration documents (US passports which are valid or a birth certificate and drivers license from one of the 50 US states) AND have ALL of your luggage with you (i.e., you have left nothing outside your stateroom door for the ships staff to handle the evening before). Then you can disembark when the ship is cleared by US immigration agents, usually anywhere from 7am until sometimes much later. I have seen it as late as 8:15. There is lots of transportation right outside the building to take you to any of the airports in the area. On Sunday the traffic is not to bad on the LA freeways and you can usually be at the LAX airport in 30 minutes or so. Don

You must be a US citizen with proper immigration documents (US passports which are valid or a birth certificate and drivers license from one of the 50 US states) AND have ALL of your luggage with you (i.e., you have left nothing outside your stateroom door for the ships staff to handle the evening before). Then you can disembark when the ship is cleared by US immigration agents, usually anywhere from 7am until sometimes much later. I have seen it as late as 8:15. There is lots of transportation right outside the building to take you to any of the airports in the area. On Sunday the traffic is not to bad on the LA freeways and you can usually be at the LAX airport in 30 minutes or so. Don

They're asking about Voyager which sails out of Miami.

I have recently been on VOS and debarkation was not a problem. Onboard there will be two forms to complete. One on the TV and one will come with the daily schedule to be collected by your cabin steward. Both ask the same questions - how many bags you have, what airport you are flying from and what time is your flight. I always say that my flight is in the earliest departure category so that I always end up with white baggage tags. White tags are called at almost the same time (0715) as all the passengers carrying their luggage off and eliminates your having to get your own luggage off of the ship. I have never had a problem arriving at the Miami airport by 0830. But the cruise prior to mine had a somewhat delayed debarkation due to a majority of the passengers not being US citizens.

Is this Express option available on the Grandeur also? We are not taking a flight but being picked up. We'd also like to get an early start and need to know when to have my mom pick us up. Am I correct thinking this is all done the last night of the cruise, nothing we can do ahead of time to make it go smoother?

Archived